Front Pads and Rotors for 2015 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to or against the power stop stuff.
But I know with any quality pad, you really need to bed then in correctly.

A lot of folks say they do, but in reality, not many people have the location to do it right after a swap.
Most pads now adays have a layer to help with bedding, but usually scrubs off after a couple stops, and deposits thick in certain areas and thin in others...and this is dont when enroute to the abandoned area where people go to drive like a perceived jerk to do a proper bedding procedure.

So by the time they get to the bedding location, they already have high spots on their rotors that they now need to cook Off and do an old school smoke hot bed which folks usually back off from doing because you really tend to loose brakes for a stop or 3.

I guess what I’m trying to say is make sure you have the place real close by to do a proper bed job.

Bedding instructions vary with pad manufacturer and type so what I’m posting isn’t a rule. Just what is needed for the last pad I bedded because it’s all I can remember at this point.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d Google then on the NASA and scca forums first....
And that’s all I will say about that.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R1 is the brand I would google info about before even considering

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to or against the power stop stuff.
But I know with any quality pad, you really need to bed then in correctly.

A lot of folks say they do, but in reality, not many people have the location to do it right after a swap.
Most pads now adays have a layer to help with bedding, but usually scrubs off after a couple stops, and deposits thick in certain areas and thin in others...and this is dont when enroute to the abandoned area where people go to drive like a perceived jerk to do a proper bedding procedure.

So by the time they get to the bedding location, they already have high spots on their rotors that they now need to cook Off and do an old school smoke hot bed which folks usually back off from doing because you really tend to loose brakes for a stop or 3.

I guess what I’m trying to say is make sure you have the place real close by to do a proper bed job.

Bedding instructions vary with pad manufacturer and type so what I’m posting isn’t a rule. Just what is needed for the last pad I bedded because it’s all I can remember at this point.

X2

Very important (breaking in gears is too).

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I’d Google then on the NASA and scca forums first....
And that’s all I will say about that.

Not sure why the cryptic post... General reactions/reviews seem pretty good from where I sit. I did see one or two guys that cracked the drilled rotors under heavy track use, I suppose. Do you have anything to share here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbyo