Front license plate bracket for an 03 Yukon XL, not Denalli

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herb Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front license plate keeps getting damaged by my local auto car wash. It's only held on by a couple of fasteners so I thought I'd purchase an OEM license plate bracket that contours to the front bumper and eliminate this problem but after a bit of searching online I cannot find one. All of my searches take me to a bracket for a 03 Sierra but my Yukon looks like a different style bumper. Anyone have a part number or recommendations for me? thanks

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My '04 Hoe has two screws into the bumper holding the front plate. No real bracket. I'm not sure there IS an OE bracket.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM didn’t make one for your truck, just the Denali’s. You might try buying a Denali one and modifying it to fit or buy a stout license plate frame and use that to hold the plate with. If the car wash bends that then I say it’s time for a different car wash. I won’t take my vehicles through an automatic car wash; just read the signs when you go in. They’re not responsible if your expensive wheels get damaged or your antenna, wipers, rear view mirrors, license plates, roof rack, or anything else on your truck gets torn off and turned into battering rams.

OP
OP
Herb Rodriguez

Herb Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow I am really surprised GM doesn't make a license plate bracket for my model but I have yet to see a photo of one. I like the pics I've of the Denali models I've seen, how they contour to the bumper so the carwash fabric can't get behind it. Overall pretty happy with the carwash BTW but a flimsy piece of sheet metal is easily grabbed. I might try to trim a Denali model as suggested. I guess I'll keep investigating. Thanks for the replys so far!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I am really surprised GM doesn't make a license plate bracket for my model but I have yet to see a photo of one. I like the pics I've of the Denali models I've seen, how they contour to the bumper so the carwash fabric can't get behind it. Overall pretty happy with the carwash BTW but a flimsy piece of sheet metal is easily grabbed. I might try to trim a Denali model as suggested. I guess I'll keep investigating. Thanks for the replys so far!
Just watch out if you have folding mirrors, they are known to get damaged by car washes and the fix isn’t cheap. Maybe fold them in if that would help.

OP
OP
Herb Rodriguez

Herb Rodriguez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just watch out if you have folding mirrors, they are known to get damaged by car washes and the fix isn’t cheap. Maybe fold them in if that would help.

Yeah I always do the power folding of the mirrors prior to entering the carwash. When I bought my truck a few years ago I thought the mirrors were broken but then realized they were power and out of their proper detent.

On another note, I spoke to a GMC parts department guy earlier and for sure there isn't a GM front license plate bracket available except for Denali. Bummer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne