front jounce bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So whatever you want to call them after installing the leveling kit and raising it about 2-3 inches from stock height.I do notice a pretty sharp dive when braking hard,i am assuming since my bumpers are not touching the control arms the suspension needs to load down to come in contact with them when braking hard.I started looking for longer jounce bumpers and have had no luck i think 2 inch longer ones should improve the nose dive.I cant believe out of all the threads on here and how many of us that have leveled i cant find any threads on it.So has anyone put longer jounce bumpers on the front of their tahoe after leveling and or slight lift.If you have can you post were you found them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Well after further research i found one thread on here yrs back and im gonna do the same.1 in button bump stop energy suspension-can add washers underneath if needed.I measured under truck not jacked up 1.25 or so space to control arm so it should work perfect or at least way better than what i have.Should be simple with a good drill bit which i have-will let anyone know that cares how it turns out.2nd pic is distance of my jounce to control arm alot of room there

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That angle in the third pic worries me. You would think that the leveling kit company would address this problem.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
The 3rd pic is off of this forum from another member in what he did to address the issue.I am choosing the red 1 inch stops.I will add large washers under them to get the correct distance to the jounce bumper that i will replace.As you can see by mine they have never touched the control arm ever by what i see.So parts coming next week will install prob weds will let you guys know.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems odd that your suspension would collapse to the point of hitting the bump stops by simply braking while moving, even braking hard.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I find it odd to but after an emergency stop the front dove so much felt like the bumper almost hit the pavement-so this is what i will try first its less than 50 bucks and everything is fine in front suspension including the bilstein shocks.Alsao seems a little floaty over large dips in the road at highway speeds.It cant hurt i know the distance from the jounce to control arm should be minor almost touching not 1.5 inches or more.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is how mine is set up. They're mounted to a drop bracket. No way to replace them without taking a lot of things apart. I float over speed bumps and the extra articulation is cool. The wear shows full compression at times but I haven't blown any shocks. Has this set up since '07.

Attachments

• 20220924_181859.jpg
    20220924_181859.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So update got the button bumps installed with a fender washer.I think its about perfect compared to what it was after the leveling kit.So first thing i notice is when i leave a standing stop hard it doesnt raise the front end up quickly like i have drag shocks on.I was shocked that it controlled the rise of the front end also.I have hated this since i put the bilsteins on and leveled it i took it that was normal for the shocks not the case.I am in belief that it has alot to do with the torsion bars rising the control arms from a stop.Leaves the line great heavy on the gas and very pleasant over large dips and potholes in the road.very happy with the outcome.No info anywhere about anyone doing this except 1 guy on the forum many years ago.Im betting thousands would benefit from doing it.Hard braking also does not dip down like im going to touch the bumper to the ground way better.Feels like a totally new front end for 15.00 dollars.P.S these are at ride height no jack to get under tahoe.

Attachments

• driver jounce (1).jpg
    driver jounce (1).jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 41
  • driver jounce (2).jpg
    driver jounce (2).jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1609.jpg
    IMG_1609.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow this is good info. I'm about to install Bilstein 5100's as well, and will get a pair of these to boot.

Could you share a little more about what you had to do to install these? You mentioned a drill bit... Did you have to drill a hole for these? What size/thickness washers did you use?

Also, did you install new torsion keys up front to achieve your lift? How much did you set the keys for in addition to your 5100s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal