Front end rebuild help needed! - disregard wrong location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zxreed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am new to the group but I have a 2006 Yukon XL Denali that I have owned for 6 years. It has 174K on the clock, I bought it with 98k. I had it up doing an oil change and noticed that I have some dry rot on the upper control arm bushings. Here are the questions:

First I plan on replacing the Control Arm Bushings, Pittman Arm, Upper and Lower ball joints, Idler arm, Outer and Inner Tie Rods and Sway Bar Links. Would you go ahead and just replace both Control Arms?

Second, Is there anything that you wouldn't bother to replace?

Third, what brand parts do you recommend? I see a full kit on RockAuto.com for $230 from some company called SKP but this seems really cheap.

Finally, am I missing anything or are there parts that you would not replace. Thanks for the help!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you may get better information if you post this in the correct section, you posted in the obs, your 06 would be nbs
but it's generally easier to just replace the upper & lower control arms with ones that include ball joints, everything you noted is a "wear" item
not sure on the skp kit, some of there stuff used to be ok years ago

OP
OP
Zxreed

Zxreed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you may get better information if you post this in the correct section, you posted in the obs, your 06 would be nbs
but it's generally easier to just replace the upper & lower control arms with ones that include ball joints, everything you noted is a "wear" item
not sure on the skp kit, some of there stuff used to be ok years ago
THanks, I will post in the correct location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64