Front Diff or Transfer Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Wylie_Tahoe

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the front ratio will be the same as the rear, just wanted to make sure there was not a differential type RPO to insure I source the correct front diff. There are 2 RPOs for the rear. One is the ration and other denotes if its a peg leg or limited.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the front ratio will be the same as the rear, just wanted to make sure there was not a differential type RPO to insure I source the correct front diff. There are 2 RPOs for the rear. One is the ration and other denotes if its a peg leg or limited.
About the only way you can know for to front diff to be sure, will be to put it in 4wd to lock in the pass side axle and roll the vehicle forward or backwards one tire rotation and count how many times the driveshaft turns. I usually tape a piece of string to the 6 o'clock position of the driveshaft and count how many times it wraps around. 3 times would ne close to a 3 08, a three and a half would likely be a 3.42 and above that would be 3.73

OP
OP
Wylie_Tahoe

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update;

Ive had some time on and off the past week to work on the rig. The noise is in the area of the trans tail shaft and input stage of the transfer case. Pulled the t/case and no noise or abnormal feel when turning the t/case shaft by hand.

Put the trans mount and crossmember back in and fired up the engine. Sadly, the noise is still present. So, its in the transmission.

Anyone interested in a project/donor/parts truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401