Front bumper rust spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Wondering what the best way is to go about getting rid of this rust. Sand and repaint, buy a replacement bumper, etc?

Attachments

• rust.png
    rust.png
    455 KB · Views: 7

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
100% replace the bumper and i painted the inside with rustproof paint or undercoating.Alot of them rust from inside out.
This^
Unless you remove, sand blast and paint. I had an O3 that had black bumpers that were rusty. I replaced them with chrome units. They required chrome polish once or twice a year but there is salt on the roads here.

OP
OP
marleysbeard

marleysbeard

Reaction score
This^
Unless you remove, sand blast and paint. I had an O3 that had black bumpers that were rusty. I replaced them with chrome units. They required chrome polish once or twice a year but there is salt on the roads here.

Do you think I could get away with only replacing the rusted section or would I need to buy the set? I've seen that specific piece for sale online.

OP
OP
marleysbeard

marleysbeard

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by “set”. You can just replace the metal part. All the plastic swaps over.
Online it showed "sets" that came with the plastic or you could just buy the metal part. You answered my question though, thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts