Front blower motor not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellosno

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings, I have a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with a non working front blower motor. My son, which drives the vehicle, stated that the blower motor just stopped working while going down the road. I began checking it out by checking all fuses and relays. All appear fine. I then pulled the blower motor out of dash and determined there was power to the plug at the motor. I bench tested the blower and it worked fine. I have power from the switch to the blower resistor and from the resistor to the motor. Plugging the resistor back in, plugging the motor into the resistor but the motor fails to work. I did notice that the power to the resistor and to the motor are constantly hot, don't know if that is normal.

So now my question is could the resistor be bad even though it is allowing power to go to the blower motor? Oh, the power plug to the resistor is only a three wire plug and I don't know how to test the resistor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm stumped on why the motor isn't working if it is getting power to it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Had the same problem on my 2007 Yukon Check the connector pins. Mine was burnt at the motor end. GM wanted $$$ for a two wire harness but amazon had a delco. I managed to repair it.

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try the resistor. Just replaced our resistor (AC Delco on Amazon was $33 I think). Had a leak from the cowl that went down into the blower box and corroded the resistor. Replaced it and sealed panel above fresh air intake and all is good now except for high speed. I'm wondering if the motor itself is bad and just draws too much on high. I didn't check current, but resistor sends 12V to the motor in all speeds. Is the current varied or is it PWM for the different speeds?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA