Front A/C not Cold, Rear A/C cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blown240

Reaction score
I have an 04 Yukon Xl with the auto A/C Controls.

The rear air blows nice and cold. The compressor comes on like it should.

The front AC never gets cold. Set at 60 degrees the air coming out is not hot, but not cold. At 90 degrees its nice and hot.

At first I though it was just the drivers side, so I pulled the blend door actuator, and cleaned the grease out of it. Then I reset the system. It is still the same.

Any thoughts? The passenger and drivers side are within 2 degrees of each other. The rear air is nice and cold.

OP
OP
blown240

blown240

Reaction score
I drove the truck this evening, and the AC does get coldish when the truck is moving. When its stopped at a light, it stops cooling...

Luciano 505

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I drove the truck this evening, and the AC does get coldish when the truck is moving. When its stopped at a light, it stops cooling...
Did you figure out the problem? Cuz I'm having the same issue with my 01 Yukon, and I've replaced and recalibrated the door actuator and climate control module, and it's still blowing out hot air