Free Travel Mod....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I do it I would charge atleast $200. If I wasn't lowering their Tahoe at the same time it'd probably be closer to $300. I do quite a bit more then just simply cutting the bracket off like the pictures show.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously, 30 mins?? took me the better part of a day to do both sides. but i have a burban and the drivers side runs so damn close to the tank. that and on the inside the bracket goes into the spring pocket so i couldnt even grind down the welds all the way. does ride a hell of a lot better now!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i'm guessing this lowers the rear end without requiring springs? Is there a measurement on how low it drops? does it level it out with the front end?

I think you do this afterwards... itis in addition to the springs/drop.

OP
OP
OnE_bAd_HoE

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
I was told it is easier if you do it before you do the drop. because you get a lil more clearence.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told it is easier if you do it before you do the drop. because you get a lil more clearence.

It doesn't matter when you do it, the springs still have to come out and the rear end dropped down. Either whiling doing the drop initially or after it's been done, as I did mine, the work is the same.

Fearz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was charged $150, not sure what the going rate for this is. Your in Houston, there's alot of air ride shops in your area I would call around and see who gives you the best price..

Thanks, I will have to look into it and the only problem I can see is if no shops know what the free travel mod is.

OP
OP
OnE_bAd_HoE

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
i had that problem but just print these pictures out and tell them exactly how u want.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the pass side with a sawzall and the drivers side with a plasma. Just be sure for the drivers side to put something thick enough or a piece of fire blanket between that and the tank.

Ask me how I know????!?!!?!! LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter