Four-Corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, better ride????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the air suspension on my 2021 Tahoe Z71 and I've been really pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. Very smooth, great cornering, and quiet. The comment my passengers most often make is that it drives like a car instead of a large SUV.

I did a lot of gravel road + trailer last weekend, and held up well there as well.

I'm coming from a 2008 Yukon XL, and night & day difference from that.

Palmetto469

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't have the air suspension, just stock. I'm pretty disappointed with the ride quality. They had to perform road force balancing during first week of ownership. However, I still feel a slight shake.

Below is a video of water bottle shaking while traveling down a smooth stretch of interstate at 65 mph. You can see that my wallet even falls back due to the vibration. Am I being to **** with this? It's not terrible and I know a water bottle probably isn't the best testing tool. LOL

Just wondering how others perceive this, as I've complained about almost everything so far and am little biased now.

Video:

I had similar balancing and vibration issues at first. It’s now much better (dealer performed a road force balancing) but still a little disappointed in the ride quality of mine with the MRC (not air ride). I think it is best described as inconsistent. Sometimes the damping seems well adjusted and smooth, but at other times the shocks seem to choose much too firm of a setting.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar balancing and vibration issues at first. It’s now much better (dealer performed a road force balancing) but still a little disappointed in the ride quality of mine with the MRC (not air ride). I think it is best described as inconsistent. Sometimes the damping seems well adjusted and smooth, but at other times the shocks seem to choose much too firm of a setting.

Did you ever test drive the MRC +air?

I won't be towing or off roading much, but I'm unsure if I should add the air ride to a Yukon AT4 I'm considering ordering. I'm coming from a 18 Tahoe without either. I did notice the drive difference when I drove around a friend's 21 denali that had both.

Palmetto469

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever test drive the MRC +air?

I won't be towing or off roading much, but I'm unsure if I should add the air ride to a Yukon AT4 I'm considering ordering. I'm coming from a 18 Tahoe without either. I did notice the drive difference when I drove around a friend's 21 denali that had both.

I did not. They were not available at the time I was buying.

Honestly I may just have unrealistic expectations. The ride is not terrible - post balancing - but I just think in certain situations the dampers are choosing a setting that is too firm. When dealers in my area get more inventory I will likely compare mine to another non-air MRC just to be sure they feel similar but the ride seems to be improving with miles (probably just placebo).

I’m coming from a vehicle that had a well-sorted air suspension system so again it may just be unrealistic expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE