Four-Corner Air Ride Adaptive Suspension, better ride????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are there any updates on the air suspension ride quality?? I have been reading a few reviews online where they seem to be trashing it but then seemingly blaming it on the 22" wheels. If that is the case, what can one do? The 22" wheels already look almost too small as it is. I can't imagine what 20" wheels would look like but perhaps it would be worth it if the ride quality is really that much better.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
So I can’t comment on MRC for the Yukons/Tahoes, but I can say the system is absolutely amazing in the Corvette! My C7 in tour mode would float and make you feel like you were on butter. In Track mode, you could feel every bump and it was jarring. I’m guessing the same technology is in these trucks. Try switching between the different driving modes to see if you can tell a difference. With the air suspension I’m curious to see how it changes things, but you should be able to tell a difference between the different modes.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I can’t comment on MRC for the Yukons/Tahoes, but I can say the system is absolutely amazing in the Corvette! My C7 in tour mode would float and make you feel like you were on butter. In Track mode, you could feel every bump and it was jarring. I’m guessing the same technology is in these trucks. Try switching between the different driving modes to see if you can tell a difference. With the air suspension I’m curious to see how it changes things, but you should be able to tell a difference between the different modes.
Not sure about the 21+ but on the previous gen only the Cadillac has the option to ‘switch’ ride types..

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Yukon AT4 on Monday and really like the ride quality of the air ride and magnetic ride control. I sense a difference (whether it is there or not may be in my head) when I move from normal ground clearance to maximum (2wd) ground clearance as it seems a little stiffer up high. Nonetheless, the ride is fantastic and "pillowy." I don't know how else to describe it. It floats down the road and even the big bumps I'm used to hitting on my commute from home are almost nonexistent.

If you're asking, "is it worth it?," I would tell you that I have not one regret about spending the extra money for this ride.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At maximum height it has to be stiffer because it doesn't have much more travel to go "UP". If it wasn't it would hit the upper stops on a good bump and really jar you...

AllenC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2021 Yukon AT4 on Monday and really like the ride quality of the air ride and magnetic ride control. I sense a difference (whether it is there or not may be in my head) when I move from normal ground clearance to maximum (2wd) ground clearance as it seems a little stiffer up high. Nonetheless, the ride is fantastic and "pillowy." I don't know how else to describe it. It floats down the road and even the big bumps I'm used to hitting on my commute from home are almost nonexistent.

If you're asking, "is it worth it?," I would tell you that I have not one regret about spending the extra money for this ride.
Thank you! I appreciate you sharing with me your perception of the air suspension.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At maximum height it has to be stiffer because it doesn't have much more travel to go "UP". If it wasn't it would hit the upper stops on a good bump and really jar you...

The "max" he's referring to in 2wd is not the max overall height possible, which is only in 4Lo (2iches up vs 1)

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have the air suspension, just stock. I'm pretty disappointed with the ride quality. They had to perform road force balancing during first week of ownership. However, I still feel a slight shake.

Below is a video of water bottle shaking while traveling down a smooth stretch of interstate at 65 mph. You can see that my wallet even falls back due to the vibration. Am I being to **** with this? It's not terrible and I know a water bottle probably isn't the best testing tool. LOL

Just wondering how others perceive this, as I've complained about almost everything so far and am little biased now.

Video:

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the air ride on my AT4 and am very pleased. It rides as smooth as my MRC '15 Suburban on the road, and as smooth at medium speeds as my Land Cruiser on gravel roads and smoother than the Cruiser at low speeds. I have a couple really crappy RR crossings on my commute and it is by far the smoothest vehicle I have at soaking up those hits.

Probably my only downside is it can catch you off guard when you get out or approach it with the engine off when it hisses to level itself out. :confused: