Ford guy stepping in - Can anyone identify this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFreeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey All, name's Morgan.

I just picked up a 2010 Tahoe PPV w/ 102K as my new daily. My current daily (2014 Cruze diesel) is getting the boot as soon as I get the Tahoe how I want it. I like the Cruze but the seating position sucks and it gets uncomfortable on longer trips. At least for me, I'm 6ft. And yes, I know two Chevys is contradictory to my homage of Fords. My baby is a 1986 Ford F250 4x4 with a big block 460 and 4 speed manual.

Regardless, the tahoe I just picked up was pretty clean but it still needs a bit of TLC to get it to the standard I usually keep my vehicles. To start, there was about 7lbs of police wiring in the trunk area that needed to be pulled, I bought a Silverado jump seat/center console to fill the void in between the front seats, and a did a heavy cleaning inside and out.

It was my understanding that it was a supervisors vehicle so it saw very limited patrol and has no holes where the radios, communications equipment, etc would've been mounted.

My question stems from when I was pulling the remaining police wiring back through the firewall. There seems to be two factory wires that were cut and spliced into the police wiring. The wires originate at a module of some kind, about the size of a sponge, northeast of the brake booster. There are about 5-6 wires that terminate at the module. Does anyone happen to know what it is/what its function is? (Yes I did search first and didn't find anything. See attached pics)

Thanks

IMG_20180723_061613.jpg IMG_20180723_061624.jpg IMG_20180723_061655.jpg IMG_20180723_061437.jpg IMG_20180723_061430.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure I think it may be some kind of control module for lights, someone else on here probably knows, does it have a part number anywhere?

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I looked at mine and I don't have that terminal block. If I had to guess maybe it is a factory brake controller.

As Wes indicated in the post above It might be a flasher module, but they are located in the right front bumper/fender wheel well area.

Follow the wires!

Oh and yea I forgot to say WELCOME Morgan!

OP
OP
MFreeman

MFreeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, upon further investigation it looks like its just a flasher. I felt around the module feeling for a embossed part number when I noticed a manufactures sticker that had peeled up and was sitting flat on the firewall, with the words inward. I tore it off and this is what I got:

Feel kinda dumb now but it looked factory. Also, the Tahoe is a SSV not PPV. Not completely used to the terms yet.

IMG_20180723_163636.jpg

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Ah, the Ford 460. My folks had one in their 2 door LTD sedan. They liked it and put one in their 18’ Eliminator bubble deck jet boat. Lastly, I had that monster in my service bin work truck that drove back and forth from the Mexican border to Santa Barbara over a two year period.

With a Kendig prototype Variable Venturi (4-5 moving part) carburettor and straight pipes, the 460 in the boat was a widow maker. Good motor! 4 speed must be fun.

Congrats and welcome to the party with your land yacht.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buddyhotrod

Reaction score
WOW

That Tahoe looks really good.
The headliner looks really good too.

Nice find

I would just follow the wires on that module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons