For those who cleaned there Throttle Body......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was the blade completely closed or open a little bit? I cleaned mine and noticed the blade was open a little bit with the motor/ignition off.

Reason I'm asking is I'm experiencing a rough idle while in drive at stop lights.

Thanks for the input!!!!

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Mine was open a bit as well. The computer figured itself out and adjusted within a day or two.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open a little, and the cleaning didn't do a damn thing. I'd be surprised if your cleaning did anything for your rough idle.

OP
OP
AZSCTACO

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open a little, and the cleaning didn't do a damn thing. I'd be surprised if your cleaning did anything for your rough idle.

Your right....it didn't. It almost feels like it has a miss, but it drives perfect with no issues at all.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a can of mass air flow cleaner and clean your mass air flow sensor. Maybe this will help. Do not touch the wire with anything.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I cleaned the MAS too, and... Nada.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Now i didnt polish my throttle body so maybe that makes a difference?? I just cleaned it w/ goof off called it a day.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe