Fogs too blue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed these vanquish fog lights. 2016 Tahoe LTZ. I'm hoping the blue will grow on me. I really wanted a closer match to factory headlights. Also, the aftermarket bulbs are not a perfect fit and might chew up the plastic retaining clip on the back of the housing. I had a tough time with it, but eventually got it, I think...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Installed these vanquish fog lights. 2016 Tahoe LTZ. I'm hoping the blue will grow on me. I really wanted a closer match to factory headlights. Also, the aftermarket bulbs are not a perfect fit and might chew up the plastic retaining clip on the back of the housing. I had a tough time with it, but eventually got it, I think...

View attachment 183482 View attachment 183483

I have never been a fan of 'blue' lights, either. I'm sure that @Vanquish Auto will speak up here. What color were they marketed as? 6000,6500?

BTW... Nice avatar. Just beat Milwaukee in extras. Magic # = 6.

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202 Wallace Ave N Unit 12 Lehigh Acres FL 33971
For some reason the fitment on the Tahoe is little harder. I've been suggesting adding oil to help as I tried using the o rings from the factory bulb and made it loose. The color is 6000k, is more visible in the first picture. Problem is the factory headlights are closer looking to a 5k even thought it's 4300k. The parking led strip is 5k too. Shouldn't notice the color difference from driver's perspective. I'm going to look into providing an option in the 5k color for the factory hid headlights. Will definitely exchange them for you at that point so it gives you a better match. It's also becoming a popular question so I really should do something about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hello, John!

Problem solved, and I think we killed two birds with one shot. 5000k will be available next week for all factory hid headlight owners and fixed the fitment problem. I will let you know when the 5k kit goes in your way.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
@Vanquish Auto I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for awhile. I’m still waiting on getting the correct bulbs for my back up lights. The ones you sent awhile ago do not fit my Suburban.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vanquish Auto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Vanquish Auto I’ve been trying to get ahold of you for awhile. I’m still waiting on getting the correct bulbs for my back up lights. The ones you sent awhile ago do not fit my Suburban.

Hey Frank, not sure if we lost communication because of the storm. I haven't get any recent emails from you. I did try to ask you about the fitment. I will get you standalone bulbs as soon as possible. Give me about a week from now.

OP
OP
JohnMoe

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, John!

Problem solved, and I think we killed two birds with one shot. 5000k will be available next week for all factory hid headlight owners and fixed the fitment problem. I will let you know when the 5k kit goes in your way.
That would be great, I only hope I didn't damage the plastic retaining clip.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Frank, not sure if we lost communication because of the storm. I haven't get any recent emails from you. I did try to ask you about the fitment. I will get you standalone bulbs as soon as possible. Give me about a week from now.

Thanks yes I’ve been trying to reach you via email and PM on here but then I figured the storms were the reason because you responded quickly on all other issues or questions I’ve had. Thanks can’t wait to get them.

OP
OP
JohnMoe

JohnMoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, John!

Did I misunderstand, are you sending these out as replacement for the ones I purchased?

Z71Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey John...did these lights plug into the factory wiring harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59