Fog lights upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed one of my fog light lense is missing, do they make a different style housing? Most I find are cheap made. 2003 Escalade.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just noticed one of my fog light lense is missing, do they make a different style housing? Most I find are cheap made. 2003 Escalade.
I think they're all pretty much the same. Oem or aftermarket. I took mine out and rrplaced them with led fogs.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I ended up going with some like these, they fit in a rectangular slot and can be wired up to the factory harness, water tight.
just had to use the factory light bracket and make a hole in it for the bolt.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Cree-7inch-Spot-Beam-Led-Light-Bar-288W-Fog-Driving-Lights-Offroad-Tri-Row/183581081177?fits=Year:2012&epid=27024751508&hash=item2abe48fe59:g:5FoAAOSwhspb6VYq:rk:116:pf:0
Nice. I see they're made by Cree. How long have they been on? Did they get moisture inside of them yet?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I see they're made by Cree. How long have they been on? Did they get moisture inside of them yet?
The one's I originally bought were 2 row but these are basically the same thing I had 2 set's on my NBS for a couple years before i sold it and they never got any moisture in them and they worked perfect I sold it almost 2 years ago and I last saw it about 6 months ago and there were still running nice and bright I had one set setup as DRL and I don't think the new owner changed anything. my ex has a set on here 04 suburban and they still work and never have got any moisture in them. the oem fog lights are a poor design they wouldn't go 6 months without being 1/2 full of blinker fluid and burning the bulb out because of it.
these ones are a closer match to what I originally purchased, the ones above are probably just a newer design, either way they are super bright even in daylight you cant look into them for more than a second without being blinded, lol
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-7INCH-3...=item3d388e56f3:g:IyYAAOSw-0xYQrnQ:rk:47:pf:0

the round ones I bought for the nnbs last year have gone up a $100 and are currently sold out.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The one's I originally bought were 2 row but these are basically the same thing I had 2 set's on my NBS for a couple years before i sold it and they never got any moisture in them and they worked perfect I sold it almost 2 years ago and I last saw it about 6 months ago and there were still running nice and bright I had one set setup as DRL and I don't think the new owner changed anything. my ex has a set on here 04 suburban and they still work and never have got any moisture in them. the oem fog lights are a poor design they wouldn't go 6 months without being 1/2 full of blinker fluid and burning the bulb out because of it.
these ones are a closer match to what I originally purchased, the ones above are probably just a newer design, either way they are super bright even in daylight you cant look into them for more than a second without being blinded, lol
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-7INCH-3...=item3d388e56f3:g:IyYAAOSw-0xYQrnQ:rk:47:pf:0

the round ones I bought for the nnbs last year have gone up a $100 and are currently sold out.
I should've gotten some Crees.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should've gotten some Crees.
first thing I tried for a while was some sealed projectors but those were basically a joke, I was skeptical about getting the led's because the ones I had used before as DRL's and the ones that are like a strip in the lower turn signal housing all didn't put out much light at all so I was pleasantly surprised when I tried one out of the box with a power tool battery I was like holy crap! then I thought for sure they would take a dump soon but they held up, even survived a couple fender benders without a scratch, only thing that happened was the plastic oem fog light brackets snapped off so I just bought some cheap $20 oem type fog lights and tossed them and used the brackets they came with to re-mount the led's

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same as mentioned above. These are the ones I got:

upload_2018-12-13_7-47-55.png

I also got those H11 pigtails so the LED wiring could match up with the factory plug. Only gripe is the paint has chipped over time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645