Fog light upgrade who has yellow or improved the fogs from stock to better lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 18 model these fog light stink hardly see much more than the headlights. I thought of yellow I wanna see more and wider and farther. Any suggestion what improves the stock fog light they stink ill say. If one changes bulb does one get errors like if one does led bulbs. Any suggestion on on led bulb others suggest changing out all fog light I’d rather just do the bulb

Last edited:

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 13 I installed Lasfit 6000K LEDs, no problems and they put out good light.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.pmlights.com/products.cfm?cId=3&fId=13&pId=1582

Here's my take...

First, in general, if you want actual fog lights, yellow is the way to go. It does not cause the glare and reflection that white and (especially) blue lights cause. Yellow actually reduces glare- think 'blue blockers' and shooter's glasses. It's the reason French cars used to be required to have yellow headlights.

Specifically, I've had another model of these Ion lights on the crashbar of my motorcycle for over 10 years. They throw a clean yellow light far and wide, but low. I've never had anyone flash their brights at me because of them. My bud jokes that he doesn't even need a headlight when we're out on dark rural highways.

The downside to them (on bikes anyway) is their electrical load- they're 55 watts each. They're about indestructible though, I've had no failures with mine. The difference between mine and the ones in my link is that mine have 2 bulbs in each housing- one for 'driving lights' and one for 'fog lights'. The 'fog lights' shine a bit lower.

I have another pair that will be going on my truck pretty soon. LMC has a bumper with perfectly sized holes for them.

joe

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced the stock incandescent fog light bulbs with LEDs from JDM ASTAR, and the difference is simply amazing. 2G 5202 5201 Fog Light CSP $59.99. Only 6000A white is available for these fog lights. In fact, I've replaced all of my incandescent bulbs, inside and outside, with LEDs from JDM ASTAR. They worked with me to identify the correct LEDs, guiding me through some clearance issues peculiar to my Yukon, but at the end of the project, I am completely sold on the performance of JDM ASTAR LED conversions. I hope that this helps you in your evaluations.

Rumblur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2018 Tahoe SRT brand new. The front of the vehicle is white light except the fog lights were incandescent yellow which drove me nuts. All lights must match color in my world. I went to www.superbrightleds.com and bought PSX26W-HLV4: Cool White . They are awesome !!!! Problem solved in 5 minutes. Oh, and amazing cast of light on the road. You won't be disappointed. $60 per pair.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2018 Tahoe SRT brand new. The front of the vehicle is white light except the fog lights were incandescent yellow which drove me nuts. All lights must match color in my world. I went to www.superbrightleds.com and bought PSX26W-HLV4: Cool White . They are awesome !!!! Problem solved in 5 minutes. Oh, and amazing cast of light on the road. You won't be disappointed. $60 per pair.

The fog lights were yellow because you can see furher and better in fog with yellow lights.

Your compulsion has done you no favor.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont