Fog light mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txonmymind

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got it withac! Everything is hooked up and the lights are working. One final problem though. The rear wiper has gone on the fritz. As soon as I hooked the power back up, the wiper started going and emptied the washer fluid reservoir. I think I might have bent something on the circuit when I was putting the switches in place. Any suggestions? I disconnected the wiper so it wouldn't burn out the motor, so now I cant use it when it rains, or I want to clean off the window. Dang it all.

OP
OP
withac

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What wire did you tap for the switch, was it the rear wiper wire? I'm not sure I follow you when you say you might have bent something on the circuit when putting the switches in.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would happen if you tapped the fogs into the lows wire instead of the parking lights? It would still work hypothetically right? Just need to figure out which one it is with the tester.

OP
OP
withac

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, I didn't figure this one out, I was just reprinting what someone else did. I wonder, if you hadn't also done the 4-hi mod, when you turn on the brights, the lows go out, so maybe the fogs would go out when you turn the brights on, the point behind this whole mod is to get them to stay on with the fogs.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure, I didn't figure this one out, I was just reprinting what someone else did. I wonder, if you hadn't also done the 4-hi mod, when you turn on the brights, the lows go out, so maybe the fogs would go out when you turn the brights on, the point behind this whole mod is to get them to stay on with the fogs.

I might see if I can figure it out then. Ill let you know what I find out.

Dez1371

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thankful

You are a life saver...i just did it and it works like a CHARM...i was so tired of pressing that button everytime. Id prefer this over the diode method anyday.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
You are a life saver...i just did it and it works like a CHARM...i was so tired of pressing that button everytime. Id prefer this over the diode method anyday.

How lazy have we become?? Those damn buttons, so hard to press...

LOL

J/K...it just sounded so....pathetic. But, I get it. ;)

Dez1371

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Smdh...there's always one. I meant tired as in annoyed so excuse me if I came off as "pathetic" cause I was trying to sound nice while posting a comment in a forum I'm new to and don't know anyone in. I just wanted to give whoeva posted this credit and thanks...all that extra shit isn't needed. Thanks

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Smdh...there's always one. I meant tired as in annoyed so excuse me if I came off as "pathetic" cause I was trying to sound nice while posting a comment in a forum I'm new to and don't know anyone in. I just wanted to give whoeva posted this credit and thanks...all that extra shit isn't needed. Thanks

Ok, new guy, I'll spell it out for ya':

The ;) and J/K (just kidding) meant I was kidding. The "I get it" I thought was self-explanatory, but apparently not. I totally understand making things simpler even though they aren't hard to begin with. I have the six-high mod so I don't have to push that damn button either.

I'm about as nice a guy as you'll find and this is a great site for info with lots of helpful people, but occasionally we give each other light-hearted shit. Just relax and chill out and you'll get along fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts