Fog light isn’t working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is first my first post my name is Omar.
I need help in why my fog light isn’t turning on in my 02 Yukon. I replaced the fuse, the relay and the switch. I checked if the harness is good by jumping wires and the lights turns on. The bulbs are good, I even replaced them. I check it the bulbs are getting power and no it’s not. I don’t have any ideas left in what to check. So I’m here to see if anyone knows what my problem is.
thank you
Omar

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Need to follow the wires from the light back and find the break. If you can find the wire with power to it and coming out of the cab, run a shunt from there if you want to. Are you talking about one light or both? Your info is not clear.

Welcome to the forum.

1630110546757.png

OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need to follow the wires from the light back and find the break. If you can find the wire with power to it and coming out of the cab, run a shunt from there if you want to. Are you talking about one light or both? Your info is not clear.

Welcome to the forum.

View attachment 348804
Both of the fog lights isn’t working. I’ll give it a shot In the morning and hopefully there’s a wire that is slice. Thank you

OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just out of no where the fog lights stopped working and it have brand new lights and fuse and relay and at this point I’m lost in what else to check

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also on the 02 you can simply ground the fog light ground to the frame and fog lights will work with high beam, the factory setting is to cut the ground to fog with with high beam on

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving great advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum. Check the ground wires going from the fog light bulb socket to ground, somewhere close by on the frame. These trucks are very sensitive to corroded grounds. If you have a multimeter, check for continuity between the ground contact in the fog light bulb socket and the truck's frame.

OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does the high/low beam headlight? function, if high beam is on then no fog light
Yes both high and low beam works. I made sure if the high beam was off and it still doesn’t work. It’s only the fog lights doesn’t turn on

OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

You are already receiving great advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum. Check the ground wires going from the fog light bulb socket to ground, somewhere close by on the frame. These trucks are very sensitive to corroded grounds. If you have a multimeter, check for continuity between the ground contact in the fog light bulb socket and the truck's frame.

Attachments

• 5C08A51B-ECF9-4128-9662-BEBA05240C13.jpeg
    5C08A51B-ECF9-4128-9662-BEBA05240C13.jpeg
    466.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
O

omarrrr239

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I don’t have a multimeter but in the morning I’ll go buy one and check out the socket and see if there’s a ground that isn’t connected. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65