Any value to OEM AM/FM cassette unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaning out my basement and found my am/fm/cassette radio from my 1997 Tahoe-been sitting inside a box since 2009.
All knobs and buttons are present and everything works as intended.
Also have the CD player that fit into the pocket below the stock radio.
Also 2 two Kenwood KFC-415C 4x10 coaxial speakers.
Curious if these have any value or should they be sent off to the dump.
Thanks in advance
Tbruz

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is always value in the factory stereo equipment for these trucks. I replaced the backlightng in my CD player unit. And then later bought a refurbished unit when my CD player went out. Ebay and Marketplace is where i searched. Listing it for sale on the forum would be a good idea, as someone might be looking to return their vehicle back to original condition.

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks YukonGT.
I did end up "refreshing" a for sale listing here I made back in 2013 on these items...
I just find it hard to throw stuff out- I'm always thinking "I may need that someday........."
Tbruz

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks YukonGT.
I did end up "refreshing" a for sale listing here I made back in 2013 on these items...
I just find it hard to throw stuff out- I'm always thinking "I may need that someday........."
Tbruz
I keep my OEM cd player, and the cd holder/cupholder insert in my toolbox. I'm a Horder! Lol

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a hoarder as well having amassed MANY NOS parts for my 97 2 door.
I drove that Tahoe for 13 years and reluctantly sold it in 2021 when my new 2021 2 door Bronco finally arrived.
I'm just getting around to unloading the remaining Tahoe parts, NOS and otherwise.
Thanks
Tbruz

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a hoarder as well having amassed MANY NOS parts for my 97 2 door.
I drove that Tahoe for 13 years and reluctantly sold it in 2021 when my new 2021 2 door Bronco finally arrived.
I'm just getting around to unloading the remaining Tahoe parts, NOS and otherwise.
Thanks
Tbruz
My buddy had a '70 Bronco with 35s, 5.0L 3 on the tree. I loved that truck. I told myself I would order the new Bronco when it came out. Then gas hit $8 a gallon, so I bought a Ford Mustang Mach-E. I still have my 2 door Yukon in the garage.

Redline1187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks in advance
Tbruz
Hey where are you located?? i recently aquired a 96 tahoe and am looking to replace my oem cassette player as its in rough shape. would be interested in all mentioned^^^

Novasmithjohn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cleaning out my basement and found my am/fm/cassette radio from my 1997 Tahoe-been sitting inside a box since 2009.
Thanks in advance
Tbruz
i might be interested in the oem radio if it would work in my 1999 LS and the price was right. Ive got a pioneer MVH-X380BT in it now that the previious owner put in and i can only get 1 radio station on it

OP
OP
T

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your 99 is the old body style (OBS) then the radio will fit.
Ill sell radio, CD and 4x10 replacement coax speakers for $90. Shipping is on you. what's your zip and Ill try to figure out a rough shipping cost.
Tbruz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts