Flashing light problem. I need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight_Yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I've looked up this issue before, its actually how I learned about this forum but I never got a really clear answer. I've got a 2007 Yukon xl 6.2 and every once and while my headlights, dash, overhead lights, and any appliances I have plugged in will start to flash at a medium-fast pace like it's losing and gaining power. It will stop and start it never happens the whole ride and the lights or anything else never fully loses power. It started to happen more and more though, so I would like to get it fixed asap before I put in starlight lights in my headliner. and yes I've checked the battery connections I'm always connecting my battery and disconnecting it for projects. I think it might be my alternator, should I upgrade it to a more powerful alternator because I do have underflow( obviously unconnected when this issue is happening and all other appliances, radio is on though at full brightness ) but I just don't want to overflow the system and short anything or however that works lol. Thanks, Yall!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
So I've looked up this issue before, its actually how I learned about this forum but I never got a really clear answer. I've got a 2007 Yukon xl 6.2 and every once and while my headlights, dash, overhead lights, and any appliances I have plugged in will start to flash at a medium-fast pace like it's losing and gaining power. It will stop and start it never happens the whole ride and the lights or anything else never fully loses power. It started to happen more and more though, so I would like to get it fixed asap before I put in starlight lights in my headliner. and yes I've checked the battery connections I'm always connecting my battery and disconnecting it for projects. I think it might be my alternator, should I upgrade it to a more powerful alternator because I do have underflow( obviously unconnected when this issue is happening and all other appliances, radio is on though at full brightness ) but I just don't want to overflow the system and short anything or however that works lol. Thanks, Yall!

I was going to suggest the alternator as well. Mind as well throw a big one in since it sounds like you have lots going on.

I’m curious to see these starlight lights in the headliner. Please post a pic when you get it done!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I don’t know how many “appliances” you’re running, but might want to consider a second battery as well and call it a day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic