'FLASHED' PCM HELP NEEDED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikemhp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
needing a new PCM module-
been hearing lots of differing advice on what/where best place to purchase a new one
what does 'flashed' exactly mean? i realize i might have to get it to the dealer to program it to my truck, but would like to avoid dealer pricing on the unit itself.
thoughts?

2004 yukon slt 2WD, appx 145k miles, was dealing with major electrical issues, replaced battery, neg cable, ignition, pulled aftermarket alarm system which never knew was up under the dash, new alternator, pulled and checked starter, etc... spent about 12 hours total with an electrician checking out all other systems....

any advice is appreciated!
thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go buy a Tech2 and you can use that to flash your new PCM to the truck. You can get a 3 day subscription from TIS2WEB and download the modules you need and install them via the Tech2 into your vehicle.

Then again, maybe someone lives near you and has one. Where do you live?

OP
OP
mikemhp

mikemhp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
new braunfels, TX.. halfway between Austin and San Antonio.
what exactly is a 'tech2'? i thought i could purchase an already flashed PCM, install it, and then have the dealer program it to the vehicle? am i totally off-base?
i can and do a lot of my own mechanical work on the truck, but this electrical/computer stuff is frankly beyond me

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tech2 is the same computer that the dealer is going to use to program your computer. With your own Tech2, you'll save countless hours and save lots of money trying to diagnose problems like where misfires are coming from to which of your blend doors is misbehaving.

Maybe someone from this forum lives nearby and has a Tech2? Aren't you pretty close to Texas Speed and Performance?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19