FIXED my P0449 code on 07 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timmyjimmy5150

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello...
I have a 2007 yukon denali and have been driving around with the check engine light on for almost 8 months now...... I pulled the code about 6 months ago and got the old P0449..... Well I knew it was most likely the vent solenoid and decided to just keep driving it until I had time to take it to get worked on. Well a week ago I called my dealer to get a quote on fixing the problem. Parts alone from the dealer were $128.... Then at least 1.5 hours of labor I was told to "fix" the problem.... Bringing my total to almost $250!! No thanks.
My solution? I bought the solenoid and harness adapter online at amazon.com. Price? $55 shipped! For both items. On my vehicle you have to drop the spare tire first..... Gives you plenty of room..... Then you just swap out parts.... I was finished in 45 minutes and I am NO mechanic.
Fired up the yukon, drove to Auto Zone, cleared the code, and no more problem. No more trouble light. Keep in mind, When I got the code 8 months ago, I tried to clear it at Auto Zone and the scanner couldn't clear it. With the new solenoid it quickly cleared and no problem since....
Easy fix and a nice $200 saved!! :)

SBCT

Reaction score
Good for you. Always feels better to do it yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Agh.. I wish mine would have fixed it like that. I have same code since July. I replaced the parts back in Dec and still have same code after clearing it with scanner. I have also replace purge valve on top of engine and also gas cap. I am thinking something electrical. So taking it sat to dealer to see whats up. So much for trying to fix it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STRIVIN

Latest posts