Fixed Dim PRND31 dash light - how to zero the trans temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to all who shared the procedure for removing dash, instrument cluster and resoldering to fix the dim lights. I had a couple regular lights on the panel that are out. I’ll have to fix them next time. What bulbs are folks typically using?

I removed all the analog gauges and didn’t mark their locations. I was able to find a way to check, Mph, engine temp, rpm’s, amps and oil pressure. I have no way to test transmission temp to adjust gauge without buying an expensive tester. I guess I’ll just have to zero it in based on starting position unless anyone has suggestions

OP
OP
S

Sdp1234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks to all who shared the procedure for removing dash, instrument cluster and resoldering to fix the dim lights. I had a couple regular lights on the panel that are out. I’ll have to fix them next time. What bulbs are folks typically using?

I removed all the analog gauges and didn’t mark their locations. I was able to find a way to check, Mph, engine temp, rpm’s, amps and oil pressure. I have no way to test transmission temp to adjust gauge without buying an expensive tester. I guess I’ll just have to zero it in based on starting position unless anyone has suggestions

Posted this to the wrong forum Any way to change it? Should be in the 2004 forum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17