Fix Oxidized Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it hasn't been mentioned, I restored lights that were worse off than yours with a 3m Kit from auto zone. It attaches to a drill and comes w all the sandpaper you will need.
I would coat them with a permanent coating like Opticoat (the headlight coating, not the regular paint coating) and you will never have to redo them.

CHUBBFRESH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just read somewhere that they used toothpaste n two rags and brought their headlights back to life...I'll try and find the link

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
True Brand headlight restoration kit #t601

This is by far the best kit out there. I have probably done over 300 vehicles myself with this product. (Used car department of a Honda Dealership).

The buffing and clearcoat method is flawed. It will look good for a while but the will yellow again.

This stuff is basically a wetsand and clearcoat process but replaces the UV coating you remove when sanding with a superior UV coating in the clearcoat you apply afterwards.

It will make yellow oxidized headlights look just like new again if done correctly.

The shop I work at now was doing the buffing method and it really doesnt even compare. I showed them the method I used and it was night and day. Crystal clear clarity.

(42)%20-%20T601.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JesusArTorres

JesusArTorres

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and suggestions. I went ahead and got a Megiuar's kit and I was happy with how it came out.

BEFORE:

7E1B5951-D714-4E85-BC4E-6080106E509D.jpg

AFTER:

3D43C8D9-CBA5-4FBB-B1ED-45ABDAA88FE1.jpg

FC97A7E0-908C-4028-A5F4-8F13E9E8BFF3.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Should I still clear coat it though or leave it like this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable