Fix my tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went back and forth with Justin many times trying to get my '09 6.2 working the way it should. The last transmission file worked good for while and then started causing surging as the truck came to stop. I put file #2 back in and have left it that way for a few months now, but the truck just doesn't run like it did after the first couple of tuning files were tried. No matter what gas I try, I usually hear "that's bad gas". There just isn't anything better than 76 premium. I'm about ready to drive this thing down for an in person check up/tune. When will the next Temecula session happen?

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so whats the low grade gas like 50 octane? whats your loc.?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think when the OP said '76 Premium' he's referring to a gas station by that name. I've seen it before but not nationwide. I'm pretty sure most modern engines would not run on 76 octane without knocking :lol:

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um yeah, that's Union 76, and the best we get here is 91 octane, no 93. I stopped hearing from Justin last year, guess he was tired of e-mailing. If there's no upcoming dyno day around here, I'll e-mail him again.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Last email in the chain was in November asking about Temecula dates. No need for you to drive all the way down, Justin can get you new tune files to try out. Have you cleaned your MAF or throttle body by any chance?

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, he had not suggested I do that, but I will if you think it will help. I'll get a new log and send it right away, thanks.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you put a new intake on there at anytime, definitely. It never hurts to clean up those sensors though. Justin will definitely get you some new files to try out though.

OP
OP
Fast55

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I passed on the Volant at your recommendation and I'm glad I did. Seems the CEL problem on '09 and later trucks is still there. Just a K&N filter with the Airaid MIT. It still runs strong at WOT, but the part throttle response is more like it was stock and it downshifts before accelerating on the freeway when I bump up the speed with the cruise control just like it did stock?? If Justin has some ideas or new files for a 6.2 go ahead and have him send those now, I'm itching to try something new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman