Fitting my SLP Resonator Delete on my 2011 Z71 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to post this to help others who have a z71 and are looking into the SLP resonator delete kit. I stumbled upon this thread when I was researching and the owner had trouble mounting it to fit will with the fender flares. I didn't want to cut off and re-weld my pipe hanger so I tried to get around doing that.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/slp-resonator-delete-review-on-2011-z71.67324/

I threw my truck up on the lift and poked around. The instructions say to cut the exhaust 7.25" from the hanger. However, they don't say if it's from the top or bottom of the hanger. I cut mine 6.75"-7" from the bottom of the hanger and installed it. I got mine to fit great and just needed to rotate and finagle it around until it fit and was lined up how I wanted it. All I had to do was to use the outer holes on the hanger. Didn't need to cut or re-weld the hanger at all. Yes, it's not how it was designed and I'm sure a longer rubber hanger would be better but I'm not too worried about it.

I was able to align it so it was snugged up against the bumper but personally, on the z71 with the fender flares sticking out and such, I wanted it to be set off a little bit from the bumper. I think it fits in a little more with the off-road look.

Here are some pics:
Untitled by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Untitled by Chris Merritt, on Flickr

Last edited:

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love it,
I wish i went with this mod instead off magnaflow ugly tip

OP
OP
NCTahoe

NCTahoe

Reaction score
Thanks I love it as well! I just put a metal sealant on it as well to hopefully make it easier to keep clean.

tomustang

Reaction score
Looks much cleaner than stock, how much of a difference is the sound now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts