First time with sound deadning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Me and my bud Ross did some sound deadning on his truck today. The rear wall is Deadskin and the roof was done in some stuff we got from his cousin. It killed a ton of the excess noise coming from his roof and wall. Its got me motivated to maybe do the back hatch tomarrow.

znn3ba.jpg

2uesodk.jpg

2d2jacg.jpg

zj6wcz.jpg

Bailey-Hoe!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
application seems self explanatory, its the stripping everything that scares me.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what the most affordable, decent sound deadening out there? im not gonna have a huge system but it might still be worth it to kill road noise

Riff Raff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what the most affordable, decent sound deadening out there? im not gonna have a huge system but it might still be worth it to kill road noise
http://www.raamaudio.com/

I put 2 rolls of this in my hoe 2layers on the roof along w/ the ensolite.
Doors have 2 layers w/ensolite as well,back hatch has like 4 or 5 layers.
I love Raamat ,its a great product for the price.

Also have a 1952 Chevy show truck that I put 2 layers on the floor board and 3 layers on the roof,it works wonders

Last edited:

lazyd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yup those guys are great pretty much same quality as dynamat if not a little better. fatmat is another way to go they have 100sq ft bulk packs for just over 100 bucks i think they got free shipping to

Rose-Villian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Second skin audio check them out... they make the best sound deadner available... if any body is interested, let me know I'm a dealer...

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second skin audio check them out... they make the best sound deadner available... if any body is interested, let me know I'm a dealer...

yep, daamplifier is as good as Dynamat Extreme, but less $. Damplifier Pro is better.
The other thing to look at is the bulk packs of Dynamat Extreme on Amazon, they are often the same price as Daamplifier.

One thing I have found lacking in many products is the rigid barrier, mylar is commonly used, but is a thermal shield for roofing, not a noise barrier. Both Dyn X and Daamplifier use a rigid aluminum foil several mils thick.

For a mass loading barrier, no commercial product can beat Cascade VB3. But it was something like $10-$20 a sq foot! totally awesome on trans tunnels and fenderwell humps though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali