First time Denali owner....Tire&wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dingus mcghee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am the new owner of a 2007 denali xl.

First thing I gotta say: Man, I love this thing. This has to be hands down the most functional, powerful , comfortable and all around favorite truck I've ever owned.

I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this beast.

There's only one thing I want to change right off the bat.: I've got these 24 inch rims and low profile tires. I really don't like them , plus I do a lot of off road traveling. This thing is surprisingly capable even with these tires. But I need the right tool for the job.

My question is: what size rim can I fit on this rig. The brake rotors don't look like a 15 would clear. I'm thinking a 17 minimum.

I want to run a 32x11.5 or so tire size. Maybe a 33.

Any of you guys know or recommend a good tire/ wheel combination for these rigs?

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your door sticker for the OEM size. That's what I'd go with.

My '09 Sierra Denali came with 20" wheels. 275/55/20 tire size, which is 32 inches. Yes, it does ride a little stiffer than my Suburban with 245/75/16.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am the new owner of a 2007 denali xl.

First thing I gotta say: Man, I love this thing. This has to be hands down the most functional, powerful , comfortable and all around favorite truck I've ever owned.

I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this beast.

There's only one thing I want to change right off the bat.: I've got these 24 inch rims and low profile tires. I really don't like them , plus I do a lot of off road traveling. This thing is surprisingly capable even with these tires. But I need the right tool for the job.

My question is: what size rim can I fit on this rig. The brake rotors don't look like a 15 would clear. I'm thinking a 17 minimum.

I want to run a 32x11.5 or so tire size. Maybe a 33.

Any of you guys know or recommend a good tire/ wheel combination for these rigs?

Denalis came with 18 or 20 or 22 inch wheels. You could go with a 20" wheel and run a 275-65-20 for a near 34" tire but would need a lift. Others know more about this than me, I like stock, mostly.

265-65-18
275-55-20
285-45-22

You can run a 17 inch wheel on a Denali, Tony Beets drives around the Yukon on 17s with his Denali on Gold Rush, 265-70-17. That's as small as you can go with a 1500 GMT900 AFAIK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts