First thoughts on the 2023 Escalade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking at numerous k2 Escalades... I finally decided to drive a brand new one. Below is a list of the likes and dislikes that may help others in decision making. I like to shed some light to others thinking of making jumps to different years or body style.

Likes,
Seats are comfy and good adjustability.
View out of the truck is greatly improved over K2.
Cabin is a bit quieter than the K2 but not by much.
Supercruise is cool but somewhat scary that a camera is watching you all the time.
Ride is good, smooth etc. Air suspension is good all around.
Dash is amazing, screens everywhere and tons better controls for sure.
Mag ride is deff refined much more also.
The rear emblem being the hatch button was cool also.
Backup and 360 camera is highly refined and 100 times better.
Love the console shifter...

Dislikes,
Chassis balance is very floaty, sport mode works and helps but still feels very plush and lazy.
I am not a fan of the panoramic sunroofs, but it is nice. Thankfully the screen is 100% blocking the sun...
Main dislike is the accelerator feeling worse than the k2 in throttle response.
I know that some of these dislikes may correct themselves when the vehicle is properly broken in and they adapt to driving habits.

All in all I believe they did a good job refining things.... The interior is main thing that really shines to me. Exterior is nice as always and bold style is spot on.

Ride Height even 2wd it sits taller, its a very large and in charge vehicle. Feels larger and heavier than the k2 platform also. This may be a determining factor if your significant other is not used to large vehicles.

Pricetag of what I tested was 106k. It was a nice ride for sure, but there are characteristics of the live axle that I enjoy much more in my vehicles. If you are searching for an in between vehicle from this size and a mid size suv in the Luxury market, I suggest looking at the q7 Audi. Very impressed with that one also and it doesn't suffer the lazy chassis issues on Esky.

mplunk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting your likes and dislikes. Good information. I'm on my fifth Escalade, and looking to buy a new '23. Or, wait to see what the '24 refresh might be.

What color combo and trim level did you test drive?
I have a '22 Premium Luxury (wanted a sport but jumped on an available one) coming from an '18. They are worlds apart- they really knocked it out of the park on this generation. I also still have an order in but told the dealer to just put me first in line for a '24. My thought is with such a quick refresh they can only make it better, and if not, I have a '22 I'm perfectly happy with.

Mine is Satin Steel with the Brandy Interior- the interior is the only reason I won't go Platinum. The quality is just as good and I love the color.

Supercruise after some getting used to is a game changer, and I won't buy a car in the future without it. Wife (really me) has a Tahoe on order with Supercruise for that reason

BDM3

Reaction score
I'm kinda stuck in the Black on Black.... Was a 600
They’re all technically 600s other than the V. The 600 is a gimmick. It’s the torque of the vehicle translated to newton meters and it comes out to 600. Kind of silly. The trims are Luxury, premium luxury, sport, premium luxury platinum, and sport platinum. I’ve had a sport on order since July of 22. Ordered my Denali in March since I feel I’ll never get my Escalade.

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '22 Premium Luxury (wanted a sport but jumped on an available one) coming from an '18. They are worlds apart- they really knocked it out of the park on this generation. I also still have an order in but told the dealer to just put me first in line for a '24. My thought is with such a quick refresh they can only make it better, and if not, I have a '22 I'm perfectly happy with.

Mine is Satin Steel with the Brandy Interior- the interior is the only reason I won't go Platinum. The quality is just as good and I love the color.

Supercruise after some getting used to is a game changer, and I won't buy a car in the future without it. Wife (really me) has a Tahoe on order with Supercruise for that reason
Ill be interested to see the 24 refresh myself... I can imagine a road trip with supercruise. That would be a game changer I think for sure.

dwlow09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want a 2023 but afraid to pull the trigger with the lifter issues. Anybody have trouble yet. If so how many miles.

rswaug

Reaction score
I’ve read that running higher octane fuel as well as maintaining the oil regularly with the 6.2 helps prevent lifter issues. I’m no technician so I’ve got no mechanical background to be able to verify that but for a few dollars a fill up, it seems worth trying.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running premium keeps it from pinging, keeping the oil in top condition helps the lifters and the rest of the lubricated surfaces. Both are critical for the 6.2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98