Firewall question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vvrf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I need to run a couple of wires from the passenger seat inside my 2004 Yukon straight to the battery.

This is for a mobil 2way radio. Any wire routing suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
Power seats are hot all the time afaik, power supplied to the seats should be capable as about anything. splice in with a fuse holder and call it a day. Even if you don’t have power seats, the harness may be there waiting for something to do

OP
OP
V

Vvrf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow ! Now that is what I call thinking outside the box. I will check it out.
Thanks.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go in right off the battery squeeze it thru where the other wiring goes in the firewall and route it under the dash to the passenger side for a clean install

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding a good spot to run wires without damaging other wires is not as easy as you would think. I looked around on mine for over an hour and am not in any way happy with the few hard to get to options. Figured it would be easy to find a extra plug not being used I could not find any. A hack job is not going to happen so the search continues.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the wire through one of the grommets that the factory supplies right near where your steering column pass through the firewall then run wire up to your fuse box. There are AUX fuse positions there and thats what they are for....add ons.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power seats are hot all the time afaik, power supplied to the seats should be capable as about anything. splice in with a fuse holder and call it a day. Even if you don’t have power seats, the harness may be there waiting for something to do
No that can cause interference with radio receiver, rule of thumb always hard wire radios directly to battery and ground radio “ALWAYS GROUND”.
I’ve been a ham for 10 years and have played with radios since I was 8, im now 36 and enough radios to supply the neighborhood lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts