Finally finished 22 Tahoe RST Mods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased couple weeks ago (ordered in early January) and immediately dropped off to my alterations guy. Specs...
2022 RST Diesel
Wheels are Black Rhino Kunene 22" (offset 10, so it pokes about 3/4" more than stock wheels)
Stock tires
Ceramic coated (used local Ceramic Pro dealer) - this is a MUST for black vehicles IMO
tinted front driver and passenger windows to match back windows
tinted orange front fender blinkers
tinted taillights
Lowered 2" front and back using Belltech adjustable struts
Removed Tahoe badging from sides
Removed RST and Duramax badging from tailgate (left Tahoe badging under tailgate window)
Installed smoked black aero skin on leading edge of hood

tempImagep1rKI3.jpg

tempImageVIESxb.jpg

tempImagesEauAE.jpg

Crzylgs

Reaction score
That looks fantastic! Any issues with your RST and the day lights? Mine always has the headlights on in the sun.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need some colored brake calipers, red or yellow.

What did your stock wheels look like? Those are similar to my black factory 22"s

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

What did your stock wheels look like? Those are similar to my black factory 22"s
I agree! Front looks sharp. Side would benefit from colored brake calipers. Back is too dark imho.
Congratulations though! Nice car. How's the diesel?

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree! Front looks sharp. Side would benefit from colored brake calipers. Back is too dark imho.
Congratulations though! Nice car. How's the diesel?
Taillights look darker when it is not running. As soon as you start it up and the lights shine through it has more of a smoked look. I thought about colored brake calipers. I am more of a red than a yellow person. Might have to do that. Any recommendations for options regarding that? The diesel has been great so far. Took a 150 mile round trip on the highway yesterday and it averaged 27.5 mpg (that is doing about 77 mph). If you keep it around 72-73 it will push 30 mpg on flat road. Seems to do pretty well around town as well. Plenty of power. Haven't tested high speed passing yet (which I understand is the weak point of the engine). Rides slightly stiffer after lowering, but handles much better. I only drove it 100 miles before lowering it, so I don't miss the previous ride much.

OP
OP
S

SpartanTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

These are the stock wheels vs. Black Rhinos. tempImageyak4nR.jpgNot a fan of the black with machined face.
tempImagerTq258.jpg

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taillights look darker when it is not running. As soon as you start it up and the lights shine through it has more of a smoked look. I thought about colored brake calipers. I am more of a red than a yellow person. Might have to do that. Any recommendations for options regarding that? The diesel has been great so far. Took a 150 mile round trip on the highway yesterday and it averaged 27.5 mpg (that is doing about 77 mph). If you keep it around 72-73 it will push 30 mpg on flat road. Seems to do pretty well around town as well. Plenty of power. Haven't tested high speed passing yet (which I understand is the weak point of the engine). Rides slightly stiffer after lowering, but handles much better. I only drove it 100 miles before lowering it, so I don't miss the previous ride much.
I used this with pretty good results to paint the front calipers on my GT500.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd replace those stock rims too, the new ones are similar to the black factory 22s I have on mine. GM needs some help in the rim design dept nowadays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC