Feels likes wheels are going to come off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced shocks on vehicle and upper control arm, then had an alignment done on vehicle and about a week later i have pulling and a wobble (feels like wheels are going to come off) that comes and goes but has me nervous to the point i do not want to drive it. I looked around backside of wheels at the components and everything looks put together and tight. Looking for ideas on what it could be.

Cbncanada

Reaction score
See if you can move the wheels side to side by hand to feel if they seem loose. If not take it back to the alignment shop and have them check it. If they feel loose, check the wheel nuts for tightness and get the bearings looked at.

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was just at the tire shop today. Going to put on Jack’s to check the bearings, not i replaced both wheel hubs a few months ago, almost everything is new as far as suspension, brakes, bearings, Axel’s, control arms, etc. thank you for the suggestions.

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The strange thing is i noticed after i got a flat tire on passenger rear. The air ride compressor hasn’t been working, wondering if that may cause this sensation?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, upper control arms and wheel hubs.
I had a feeling. I hate to break this to you but there have been several members here who used their parts and had major failures soon after installing them including one who a actually DID have a wheel come off when a hub came apart. Luckily they didn’t crash but it’s scary to think of it happening on the freeway. There’s an old saying- you get what you pay for and steering or suspension isn’t a place to cut costs imo. For hubs Timken or ACDelco OEM are the recommended brands. I would replace the Detroit Axle parts with something decent before your wheels do indeed fall off. Rack it up as a lesson learned. You just wasted some money but so far nothing catastrophic has happened.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling. I hate to break this to you but there have been several members here who used their parts and had major failures soon after installing them including one who a actually DID have a wheel come off when a hub came apart. Luckily they didn’t crash but it’s scary to think of it happening on the freeway. There’s an old saying- you get what you pay for and steering or suspension isn’t a place to cut costs imo. For hubs Timken or ACDelco OEM are the recommended brands. I would replace the Detroit Axle parts with something decent before your wheels do indeed fall off. Rack it up as a lesson learned. You just wasted some money but so far nothing catastrophic has happened.
AC Delco may not be the way to go, either:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/03/acdelco-facing-lawsuit-over-made-in-usa-claim-on-packaging/

https://toolingfun.com/moog-vs-acdelco-professional-suspension-parts/

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting it on Jack’s right now to check the wheels for movement. To better describe what it feels like when driving, i would describe it as if I’m driving on ice, as if the alignment is way off, using the word “wobble” may Not best describe it.

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheels don’t wiggle when put on Jack’s, however, there seems to be a lot of play where the Axel connects to the front differential and notice what appears to be some kind of fluid possibly leaking around it.....???? I posted a picture, it's the driver's side front. I'm guessing the play is not normal since there is QUITE a bit. Trying to find info on a possible rebuild.

D70E6404-4710-4628-8A59-B709EE787B19.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157