Fedders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read so many didferent forums and threads I am dizzy. Forgive me if there is 20 other posts about it but what are the thoughts. comments, cares and concerns with the GMT900 SportII or police pkg suspension parts?
She is plainjane stock and is a blank canvas...

Thanks in advance.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Its Pedders, not Fedders.
The kit is a good kit but the front coil set does not ride good at all. Everything else Pedders makes for the GMT900 is high quality. Their rear coils were my best riding drop coils yet.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
I have the kit installed and am satisfied that it does what it is supposed to. The lower ride height is a given, but their claim is to improve handling too. I think they do this quite well but as some expense in ride harshness. I attribute that more to harder shock settings, but since I installed it as a package it's hard to isolate the effects. Certainly I haven't been tempted to switch back. To Modded's point about the front springs - I haven't felt any issues there, but they wind them very progressively to get a balance between ride quality and wheel travel. There is definitely potential for variability in the product when you push the envelope. Another consequence of this is that the top coils have a very narrow spacing that makes it a bear to get a spring compressor in there - actually more to get it out once the spring is in place. Overall evaluation - it's a good kit; I recommend it.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
John the front kit rode good with my stock shocks for like 1200 miles, then the ride went to front end complete mayhem and harshness. I would literally be afraid to go on rough roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076