Faded Denali Wheel Center Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My center caps are faded pretty badly and look like crap. Is there anything that can be done or painted to bring them back?

12453aaf1ed6a724898a8403a0505725.jpg
Iirc, they're brushed aluminum metal caps on plastic, so not really. Might want to look for another set. Or if you're feeling brave, maybe try getting a scuff pad and scuff them up gently, going in the same direction as the existing pattern on them. No guarantees tho. I used plastidip on mine.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
So I’ve learned on chrome plastic (or plastic that looks like chrome, or however you say it), that if you use lots of water and use SOS Steel wool pads (it already has soap in it) that it brings the shine back to its glory days. Not sure if that will work here though.

J Mac

Reaction score
It's the clearcoat that looks bad. Pick up some Aircraft Paint Remover from the auto parts store and use it to strip the clear coat off. Not sure what's different about that paint remover...it's what was recommended to me. Afterwards just polish them up with some good aluminum polish. I did this on my 04 Denali and the center caps turned out great!

sam05

Reaction score
I just re-did my Denali center caps over the weekend. The aircraft paint stripper was awesome. The caps look great, but I still need to do a final polish and then clear coat them so no pics yet.

1xd5

Reaction score
It's the clearcoat that looks bad. Pick up some Aircraft Paint Remover from the auto parts store and use it to strip the clear coat off. Not sure what's different about that paint remover...it's what was recommended to me. Afterwards just polish them up with some good aluminum polish. I did this on my 04 Denali and the center caps turned out great!
I did this and worked well! Thank you for the info, here are some pix for anyone interested.

Attachments

• wheel caps.jpg
    wheel caps.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01