Factory looking Radio with extra funcitonality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, factory navigation, it works

Let me explain....

A few years ago there was a thread, I do not remember where I saw it, and the radio looked exactly like the factory GPS unit, except the owner could look at the OBD2 engine data, I think it could also be used to diagnose an SES or Check Engine light...

I was wondering if anyone knew what radio that was... He mentioned it in the thread, but I do not remember if I posted in the thread to follow it or not...

Thanks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, factory navigation, it works

Let me explain....

A few years ago there was a thread, I do not remember where I saw it, and the radio looked exactly like the factory GPS unit, except the owner could look at the OBD2 engine data, I think it could also be used to diagnose an SES or Check Engine light...

I was wondering if anyone knew what radio that was... He mentioned it in the thread, but I do not remember if I posted in the thread to follow it or not...

Thanks

I had the Rosen GM1210 which looks identical to the factory Navi HU... however it was not able to view OBD2 data.

My new Kenwood DNX575S will do the things you want but doesn't look like the factory Navi.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's just one example. There are tons of Chinese clone Android head units that closely resemble the factory look.

ion_image_2007avalanche3_jpeg?17898921208231148138.jpg

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While its not a factory replica, I've been contemplating pulling the trigger on a Pumpkin Android radio for my Trans Am. Android 7, motorized 7" screen in a 1 DIN package, tons of features. I've been comparing android head units for a long time and Pumpkin seems to be one of the best on the market. They do make head units for Opels which is GMs flavor in Europe so they may have something that is pretty close to factory, but they do make universal 2 DIN radios. Most of those come with Android 8.

I've only been holding off because this will be one of many projects still on my plate and I don't want to buy a $300 head unit and have it sit in the box for 3 ~ 6 months before I get around to it.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't the 1998-2002 Trans Am use a 1.5 DIN radio? I hate the fact my 87 has the 1.5 DIN... It is get the 1 DIN or nothing... Finding a quality 1.5 DIN is a real PITA...

Macphreak

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What would be good to get for a 2017 Tahoe that supports wireless car play and that allows for cameras (for the rear, front, left and right turn signal video feeds) and one where you don’t lose a lot of the functionality of the steering wheel controls, etc. Thanks!