Factory Bose/Navi questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just recently bought my truck and I have a BL12 and Hifonics 2416.d (not the best I know) laying around from my ranger that’s crying out to be installed. I’ve searched several times to no avail.
I have the Bose stereo with Navi... not trying to replace the whole system but rather just add an amp and sub. Some posts talk of tapping into the sub speaker wire after the amp, but this signal should already be processed and have subsonic and low pass filtered. I’ve heard claims of subsonic from 40hz, and 1 or 2 that said clear down to 25hz. Obviously 40hz will not work.
Any ideas on the factory settings?

Also I’ve heard of grabbing a clean signal from factory “rca” type wires before the amp and using that but everyone seems to be bypassing the amp entirely. Can I just splice in as opposed to bypassing? I’ve heard the Bose stereo is a pain because it can sort of sense the resistance or something along those lines. Would splicing into said “rca” wires be affected?

Sorry for the rant and thank you for any help?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way I know is with hi/low converter of some sort but hopefully someone can provide better info

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Kasey, your truck has a good amp and subwoofer, unless worn out or blown. If you post up your "U" and "Y" RPO codes (glove box door) folks on here will know what you have and can help you out.

I read recently on another forum that a fellow used RCA cables directly from his speakers to the radio and it sounded better then with the amp. There are two main amps used in these trucks.

Mine works and am happy with it as is.

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
I defiantly will post the codes but she’s Gettin some freshening up at the body shop.
I’m not a audio professional or anything but I’m pretty sure hooking high and low level together without a loc is no good.
Also swathdiver by two main amps are you referring to the premium/ normal Bose amps?

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to get the codes.
UBS
UD7
UE1
UG1
UJ6
UK3
UK6
UPF
UQA
USR
UUK
UVC
U42
U86

YD3
YD5
YD6
YE9
Wow those are all for audio? Lol.
On a side note I have checked out a few adapter harnesses PAC and the like, and I believe it was aoem-gm24 looked promising but was labeled not for premium Bose of course. Just my luck!
Thanks for any help again.

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
It’s no prob u can’t answer em all! Lol and u seem to have a post in just about everything too.
Anyway any new input is welcome. I kind of let the post go a while seein if anyone would chime in. I’ve been lookin at the pioneer 8200nex and the pac (don’t recall part # at this time but the expensive one.). (edit: rp5-gm31) harness to accompany it.

While I’d still be interested in keeping the factory headunit if an option is viable I was also wondering
A.) would the PAC harness retain ALL functions. (While reading the site it does seem like it keeps everything but I don’t wanna lose anything)
B.) anyone with input on the 8200? Pioneers dual zone work well?
Would I be running the pioneer Bluetooth or can I keep and use the Chevy setup.
Any odd bugs?

Haven’t put a stereo in a vehicle with this much stuff deeply integrated and intertwined. Should make it interesting.

Thank you again for the help

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all of the codes are for the radio system but that's where they are, under the "U" and "Y" on the RPO sheet. I know more about parts replacement than what aftermarket radio equipment works, still learning. My focus was more on the biggest noise maker, the engine! I'm not coming with anything for UUK and U86. UQA should mean you have the center speaker on your dash and one of the two Luxury Amps. @randeez @Rocket Man

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
O believe me I will be digging into the performance when the time comes. I just don’t wanna rip into her for a while. It’s still to new to me to mess with stuff like that. Unless of course afm lifters or somethin else rear their ugly head! Until that point it will prob just get exhaust.

Really interested to see what the box from the ranger will sound like with that much cab space. It was just under 2 cuft (was supposed to be bigger but got carried away with reinforcement and screwed up on end correction so pretty sure it’s tuned around 30-32 hz)which is on the small side for that speaker but it shook that truck to no end.

OP
OP
camaroz2887

camaroz2887

Reaction score
just an update. decided to go a bit farther down the hole then originally planned...as usual.
i purchased a avic 8200 nex, idatalink rr and associated wires, and to be honest im at a standstill. ive got almost eveything figured out bu cannot for the life of me figure out how to keep the center channel and oem sub while adding an aftermarket sub amp. Just doesnt seem to have the outputs i need. i can live without a center channel but would prefer to keep the oem sub to try and keep the sound stage focused up front a little more. kinda feelin like i got instructions missing. Anyone got any experience/ideas? its dark now so i cant really progress anymore today but was thinking split front channel rcas then y them together for center and same for sub but off the sub level.
thank you

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb

Latest posts