Factory amp - how much power RMS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else here, I'm wanting to upgrade the factory gear. Bought the 'Burb in June, previous owner upgraded the door speakers to Pioneer with a Pioneer head unit. Hated the unit, swapped in my JVC with Bluetooth capabilities. Above average sound, but still nothing to write home about.

Especially the factory sub. Doesn't like higher volumes, nor really low notes. Lots of rattles in the rear, so I took it out. Only problem is, I found the sheetmetal underneath the sub to be practically gone. As in, I could stick my hand down through the hole in the floor and touch the framerail.

Anyway.... wasn't planning on using the stock sub, I've got two Powerbass S-10 subwoofers to go in a custom enclosure, AFTER I fab up some aluminum sheet to cover the hole. At 4 ohms each, I could wire them in parallel for a two ohm load, which would be the perfect load for the stock amp.

But, how much power does the stock amp put out for the sub channel? I've got a Lightning Audio 1000.1 monoblock (1000w@2ohms) that I can run, but if the stock amp will be sufficient, I don't/won't need to run a 4ga wire to an additional fuse holder and then to the amp (and RCA's to the head unit).

Not looking for a boomer, just some adequate lower end.

Kain452004

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't think that info is posted anywhere.. My best guess would probably be 300 PEAK at best..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM