Factory Alarm Interfering with Aftermarket Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, so once in a while, say if i was to lock my truck from the inside, then get out close the door and set my aftermarket alarm the headlights would flash and the factory alarm would honk the horn.

Today I realized that the button on the back gate to open my rear window doesnt work, and my key won't unlock it. I think the bass from my setup broke the lock that locks the rear window.

Now I can set my aftermarket alarm no problems, but when i disengage my aftermarket alarm, the factory alarm goes off (im pretty sure because that rear window lock is not unlocking and it stays locked)

How can i disable my factory alarm? I know i will have to replace that rear lock that locks my window but it won't be for a little bit.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to just replace the lock rather than disable the alarm then replace the lock? More work if you ask mee!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to just replace the lock rather than disable the alarm then replace the lock? More work if you ask mee!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I'm busy working long days and I just don't want this thing going off when im at work and disturbing all my neighbors at my apartment. Was hoping to just disable it quick so I don't have to worry until i replace it.

OP
OP
NoPh33rRaCiNg

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the panel off the back door off on my lunch break, i can see where the problem is. I went ahead and disconnected the sensor that senses if the back window is closed on the door and its fine for now until i get it fixed.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
dis arm is light green on the last plug to the right on your bcm, bcm os located directly under steering column. test wire by turn key in door to unlock. wire should go to ground when key is turned.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

your alam should have a factory alarm disarm wire on it the will pulse to ground before doors unlock. hook this wire to thelight green and the alarm will factory alarm will disarm before doors unlock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01