Explain vechile remote start with A/C off is it possible ..who done it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 tahoe when I remote start the vechile with key fob the A/C start on even if when I shut down the previously off the A/C. So when I unlock the vechile and site in driver side press on the brake pedal and press the push start the vechile starts but the A/C shut off. I want to turn on remote start the vechile with A/C off. I’m a strong believer never start The vechile with A/C off always wait a mintue or two for compressor to lubricate well before starting. My A/C compressor I. All cars always lasted as long as the 10 yrears or 12 years as I kept the car . So when I remote start it the vechile starts with A/C off can I start with out A/C on. Does anyone know

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just need to turn off the auto feature on your A/C. There should be an auto button on the control panel. Turn it off and make sure to not illuminated when you shut the truck off and then it shouldn’t come on when you remote start.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2018 tahoe when I remote start the vechile with key fob the A/C start on even if when I shut down the previously off the A/C. So when I unlock the vechile and site in driver side press on the brake pedal and press the push start the vechile starts but the A/C shut off. I want to turn on remote start the vechile with A/C off. I’m a strong believer never start The vechile with A/C off always wait a mintue or two for compressor to lubricate well before starting. My A/C compressor I. All cars always lasted as long as the 10 yrears or 12 years as I kept the car . So when I remote start it the vechile starts with A/C off can I start with out A/C on. Does anyone know

Jorge no worry on shutting your A/C off to make it last 10 years or more..I have not shut mine off in any vehicle since the early 70's and all A/C's lasted 10 years or more with way over 200K miles on them. The only people I hear complain about a/c issues are the ones who constantly shut it off and turn it back on every single time they get back into the vehicle.

BTW your windows will not fog up when you start your vehicle with the a/c already set in the on position. Especially when you live in a jungle humid climate like I do.

Jorge just set it and forget it.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jorge no worry on shutting your A/C off to make it last 10 years or more..I have not shut mine off in any vehicle since the early 70's and all A/C's lasted 10 years or more with way over 200K miles on them. The only people I hear complain about a/c issues are the ones who constantly shut it off and turn it back on every single time they get back into the vehicle.

BTW your windows will not fog up when you start your vehicle with the a/c already set in the on position. Especially when you live in a jungle humid climate like I do.

Jorge just set it and forget it.
Same here, I've been told it's a myth! LoL

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still would like, to start without A/C my about button is off any ideas. Or it made to start with A/C no matter what

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be able to set your preferences for startup under settings menu on the radio screen.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it goes by the ambient temperature sensor so whatever temperature is outside or in the truck the AC or heat will kick on when you remote start. Even if I turn off my auto setting on the control panel, it doesn’t matter, whatever the temperature is outside or inside the truck it automatically sets the hvac control to either cool or heat the vehicle. My heated seats come on in the winter..... That’s pretty much the point of remote starting.....so that it cools or heats the vehicle before you get into and as Gary @Miami-Dade said don’t worry about starting with the AC on or turing it off before shutting vehicle down....it’s a bunch of BS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts