Exhaust question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue01hoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In your opinion, whats the best, inexpensive muffler, or exhaust system to get for the 5.3 in our trucks. I am looking at the magnaflow 12579 muffler with stock piping, i measured mine at 3", and just a nice looing tip. I have also come across a dynomax ultra flow cat-back system for like $300. What do you guys think.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a borla single in dual out yesterday and it was nice. Very low rumble at idle but a nice sound when you get on it.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Gibson dual-swept cat-back system is incredible on my '07. My friend has an '01 with a Gibson single-swept cat-back system and it also sounds fantastic. No drone and not loud AT ALL during normal driving conditions. But at full throttle it sounds incredible and will scream at you a bit. I'm absolutely in LOVE with it.

Prices are pretty moderate. Check summitracing.com. That's where I got mine from.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, forget the $300 cat back, you won't see any more gains that just replacing the muffler. You already have 3" pipe, more than enough. IMHO just replace the muffler, save about $200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman