Every service light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Djb4704

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2018 Yukon Denali with right at 68,000 miles. It has ran like a dream up until today.
When I got in to start it this evening every service light came on, all the way from the trailer brake to the Stabilitrak and ABS light. The fuel gage is also staying on E at startup and it doesn't show any range. (I filled up yesterday so i know it's full)

Has anyone encountered this before? Or are there any simple things I can try before having it hauled into the dealer.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

George100

Reaction score
Have you tried to start the vehicle since this happened? Because of the electronics in these vehicles, maybe your LanBus got crossed up. I have lost my dash a couple of times in the last 4 years and each time i just restarted the vehicle and all is good. For you it may be that simple. The other thing is check your battery, the batteries do not last a long time in these vehicles and a weak battery wreaks havoc on electronic systems even if the start is good.

OP
OP
D

Djb4704

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you tried to start the vehicle since this happened? Because of the electronics in these vehicles, maybe your LanBus got crossed up. I have lost my dash a couple of times in the last 4 years and each time i just restarted the vehicle and all is good. For you it may be that simple. The other thing is check your battery, the batteries do not last a long time in these vehicles and a weak battery wreaks havoc on electronic systems even if the start is good.

Thanks for the advice, i have tried to start it a few times since the incident with the same result. I'll take your advice and try replacing the battery to see if that takes care of it, it's about due for a new one anyways.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take a good look at the condition of the main cables, too, while you're at the battery terminals. Also main grounds between body/chassis/engine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery, clean the grounds and clean the grounds under the body on both sides near the firewall there is one on each side that get all gunked up with road grime, there kind of hard to get clean I would use a spackling tool and sandpaper so you get it down to bare metal.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

You are already receiving sage advice form the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

freods

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told by a tech that when the Trailer Brake Service memo comes up in the DIC that the battery is low and needs replaced.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
ALL GOOD steps to inspect for electrical "gremlins" start with a thorough inspection of the battery and it's connections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts