Escalade vs. Grand Wagoneer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagoneer is on my short list to replace our Honda Pilot in 2022. I was leaning towards a diesel Yukon XL but after all the trouble we have had with our current 2021 Tahoe GM is no longer a consideration for now.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wagoneer is on my short list to replace our Honda Pilot in 2022. I was leaning towards a diesel Yukon XL but after all the trouble we have had with our current 2021 Tahoe GM is no longer a consideration for now.

All new vehicles have 1st year blues. My 1st year jeep (2014) went back 4 times in the 1st 6 months for numerous issues, including CEL's, leaking CV joints, and body side molding just falling off. Don't THINK that it can't happen to an all new Grand Waggoneer.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unattractive exterior resembles a cross between the Infinity and the Lincoln large SUVs.
- my thoughts exactly. Looks like a bad repro of a Navigator rear end. Looks put the old 70s version to shame.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Jeep Wagoneer looks ok, not great. And I was glad they brought this vehicle back, it’s always good to have choices. However, in my mind Jeep Wagoneer is in the same category as a Chevy Suburban. If they want to go upscale I could see them trying to compete with the Denali, maybe, but the Escalade? No way. Jeep doesn’t have market permission to compete at that level, imo. I bet we see these Jeeps sit in the lot until they are discounted down to Denali or Suburban Premier price levels.

As far as capability, if I recall the largest Wagoneer has significantly less cargo room behind the third row than the GM XL triplets, so that’s a no go for me because I actually use the third row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new vehicles have 1st year blues. My 1st year jeep (2014) went back 4 times in the 1st 6 months for numerous issues, including CEL's, leaking CV joints, and body side molding just falling off. Don't THINK that it can't happen to an all new Grand Waggoneer.
Yeah, based on their reputation, I'm not sure I'd want to buy a first year Jeep. Especially one with as many gadgets as these will have.

Brett776

Reaction score
I love my Tahoe but if you look at the award winning interiors they put in the Rams I think you’ll be surprised at just how luxurious the GW will be. I predict it gets stellar reviews from the car mags. I think they will sell well and compete with Escalade.
Again, I’m not stuck on a particular brand. I had a Ram that was damn near perfect but I got a company car and wife wanted a family ride.
I hope Its successful and we all should, that fosters competition and maybe they will bring the ridiculous prices of the Escalade down.
Audi, MB, BMW aren’t true competitors to Escalade because none of them have the space of an Escalade and therefore with higher income families it’s been the only choice minus the Navigator.
Either way I look forward to seeing it but the Tahoe is staying, may be one of the last diesels you can get in an SUV with the push for electrification.

therealbofa

Reaction score
I’m just glad to see another BoF vehicle in the mix. It’s a shame they made the style too similar to the grand cherokee as I think that will syphon sales. The price tag is a head scratcher, especially in the MSRP+ times we live in.