2023 Wagoneer L build and price up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've owned 7 Jeeps and after the company sale we swore them off when the last Grand Cherokee got 3 rear ends in the first 40,000 miles and was due for another when we got rid if it. Never again.
Tahoes in our driveway ever since.

Larry07Yukon

Reaction score
Im very much in the market for a Wagoneer L
In terms of exterior looks, the Escalade and Yukon IMO are far nicer. The Wagoneer in their black package is doable, obviously haven’t seen a Wagoneer L

Interior wise, Wagoneer is far nicer than Yukon Denali, and tied with Escalade. Grand Wagoneer is very nice, but too damn expensive

Grand Wagoneer has amazing towing capabilities for an SUV, the Wagoneer is unfortunately substantially lower. Not sure if this changed in 2023

In terms of pricing, I think they missed the mark big time. Wagoneer should have been a Suburban and Grand Wagoneer a Yukon Denali. You can buy a Wagoneer heavily discounted ~7K off msrp. I also think GMC got crazy on their sticker price

There’s a lot of Wagoneer inventory and ordering doesn’t look nearly as constrained as GMC/Cadillac

I’m not sure what I want at this point, I’d love an Escalade, but I’m not paying msrp for a fancy GM. I’ve placed two orders for Yukon Diesel Denali. At this point, I’m considering a Wagoneer or possibly punting and just going with a Ram Rebel 1500 or Rebel 2500

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what I want at this point, I’d love an Escalade, but I’m not paying msrp for a fancy GM. I’ve placed two orders for Yukon Diesel Denali. At this point, I’m considering a Wagoneer or possibly punting and just going with a Ram Rebel 1500 or Rebel 2500

that rebel 2500 looks pretty sharp

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im very much in the market for a Wagoneer L
In terms of exterior looks, the Escalade and Yukon IMO are far nicer. The Wagoneer in their black package is doable, obviously haven’t seen a Wagoneer L

Interior wise, Wagoneer is far nicer than Yukon Denali, and tied with Escalade. Grand Wagoneer is very nice, but too damn expensive

Grand Wagoneer has amazing towing capabilities for an SUV, the Wagoneer is unfortunately substantially lower. Not sure if this changed in 2023

In terms of pricing, I think they missed the mark big time. Wagoneer should have been a Suburban and Grand Wagoneer a Yukon Denali. You can buy a Wagoneer heavily discounted ~7K off msrp. I also think GMC got crazy on their sticker price

There’s a lot of Wagoneer inventory and ordering doesn’t look nearly as constrained as GMC/Cadillac

I think the tow capabilities, in the real world, are actually similar.

These are all 1/2 ton based full size SUVs. Their rear axle weight rating (and thereby, payload capacity) is going to be similar. You'll likely exceed the RAWR before you exceed the advertises tow capacity.

The interesting thing is that sales for the GW decreased for Q3 while the Wagoneer sales increased significantly.

Wagoneer
2022Q2: 10,221
2022Q3: 13,001 (+27%)

Grand Wagoneer
2022Q2: 3,932
2022Q3: 2,352 (-40%)

The Grand Wagoneer is likely too expensive for what it is. But what isn't these days, right?

WVBKW

Reaction score
We were waiting on our Denali order and my wife decided to swap to a Grand Wagoneer for a few months to try it. My business partners own car dealerships so we are in a unique situation.

I ABSOLUTELY was against it. I thought it was ugly and just too much going on inside.

They had a 4k mile Series 1 Grand Wagoneer we swapped into.

I will say it is definitely glitchy at times. Sometimes it just won’t do what you want it to do regarding infotainment.

However it’s been a ball to drive. Somehow they made a big SUV feel smaller than it is and almost fun to drive. The 6.4 is a monster. It really is MUCH quicker seat of the pants feel than her 2021 Denali 6.2. It also sounds great.

The seats are so not even in the same world as the Denali seats or even Denali Ultimate seats. They are amazing. So many adjustments. Side bolsters, etc.

Is it a car I would own out if warranty… HECK NO, but I do think they did a good job. Honestly I actually feel differently regarding pricing. If you carefully build one and get the series one, you can build an amazing vehicle with every feature offered on a Denali + for low to mid nineties.

All that said she still wants her Denali when it comes in, mainly because of the second row center console. You can’t get a GW without a center console. We love for the kids to be able to jump in the car and walk to the 3rd row between the captains chairs.

So 30 days in, I find myself sneaking it out of the garage. I can’t get enough of it.

I am still debating but I believe an L is in my future.

6983C618-6BCA-4934-8FF4-3E0571DC2043.jpeg

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the tow capabilities, in the real world, are actually similar.

These are all 1/2 ton based full size SUVs. Their rear axle weight rating (and thereby, payload capacity) is going to be similar. You'll likely exceed the RAWR before you exceed the advertises tow capacity.

The interesting thing is that sales for the GW decreased for Q3 while the Wagoneer sales increased significantly.

Wagoneer
2022Q2: 10,221
2022Q3: 13,001 (+27%)

Grand Wagoneer
2022Q2: 3,932
2022Q3: 2,352 (-40%)

The Grand Wagoneer is likely too expensive for what it is. But what isn't these days, right?

We were waiting on our Denali order and my wife decided to swap to a Grand Wagoneer for a few months to try it. My business partners own car dealerships so we are in a unique situation.

I ABSOLUTELY was against it. I thought it was ugly and just too much going on inside.

They had a 4k mile Series 1 Grand Wagoneer we swapped into.

I will say it is definitely glitchy at times. Sometimes it just won’t do what you want it to do regarding infotainment.

However it’s been a ball to drive. Somehow they made a big SUV feel smaller than it is and almost fun to drive. The 6.4 is a monster. It really is MUCH quicker seat of the pants feel than her 2021 Denali 6.2. It also sounds great.

The seats are so not even in the same world as the Denali seats or even Denali Ultimate seats. They are amazing. So many adjustments. Side bolsters, etc.

Is it a car I would own out if warranty… HECK NO, but I do think they did a good job. Honestly I actually feel differently regarding pricing. If you carefully build one and get the series one, you can build an amazing vehicle with every feature offered on a Denali + for low to mid nineties.

All that said she still wants her Denali when it comes in, mainly because of the second row center console. You can’t get a GW without a center console. We love for the kids to be able to jump in the car and walk to the 3rd row between the captains chairs.

So 30 days in, I find myself sneaking it out of the garage. I can’t get enough of it.

I am still debating but I believe an L is in my future.

View attachment 383478

I believe Jeep lowered the MSRP for 2023 Grand Wagoneers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC