Escalade vs. Grand Wagoneer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Jeep announced pricing for their Grand Wagoneer. $90-110K roughly. Is the market so desperate for vehicles that they will be a success or is the Escalade still the king of the hill when it come to the domestic brands? I think they have a pretty big mountain to climb. They certainly don't look the part as far as I'm concerned as some photos I've seen look downright homely. I guess time will tell if people are ready to drop $100K on a Jeep.....

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a JEEP Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee. It was overall a good vehicle to me. Was interested in a 3 row GC or even the GW, but they kept pushing them out and pushing them out. Plus no more Diesels in the lineup... Wanted a 3 row and wanted a Diesel.. Yukon DMax Ultimate fit the bill for me. Liked the Esky, but the numbers started getting wild as I got what I wanted on it.... The Denali really fit the bill in every way, all the key things I wanted were on it too, and got out significantly cheaper... Happy!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I look at the Grand Wagoneer, I think "Boy those engineers are some lazy bastards". It looks like they just borrowed a Yukon, copy and paste, modify headlights/taillights, and done...

The color pallets on the Series 3.. Just wow. Dark Green (called blue agave), Taupe, and Black. Exterior options.. Monotone Black or white? You have to get a 2 tone model to get more options there.

Price tag of 85-105k? Yea I think I am getting a Yukon Denali.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see an extra $1-2K for a tow package. Geez, that should be standard on any truck at that price. I'm not fond of the chrome around the windows. Just doesn't look upscale to me. A Kia Telluride is much better looking......

Brett776

Reaction score
I personally think the Wagoneer is beautiful and the wife and I considered putting a deposit on one (reserve really) after previously owning a GC. We simply didn’t want to wait as we travel a lot to see family and friends since our move and needed space. Love our RST Duramax but would not shy away from a wagoneer in the future. The interior is top notch. With all that said I’m not particularly brand loyal and will see what the future holds. Right now I’m happy.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the GW is ugly, we actually passed one in person (coulda been GC) and my wife and I both said ugly simultaneously. The new esky is beautiful, the sport in white is badass.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unattractive exterior resembles a cross between the Infinity and the Lincoln large SUVs.