Escalade Taillights installed on 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on ebay. Best I came across was $400 for each light. I see Denali lights going for $400 each so its a wash - but looks 100x better.

I'm putting these on a 2015 Denali. I misread the first post and got the resistors. Reading through the rest, I can confirm it's 100% plug and play for the GMC.

Thanks for the great write up. It took me 30 min to an hour to do in the dark

OP
OP
M

mbp1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on ebay. Best I came across was $400 for each light. I see Denali lights going for $400 each so its a wash - but looks 100x better.

I'm putting these on a 2015 Denali. I misread the first post and got the resistors. Reading through the rest, I can confirm it's 100% plug and play for the GMC.

Thanks for the great write up. It took me 30 min to an hour to do in the dark

Glad this has help members I need to do some more of these on different projects.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just scored a pair on ebay for $750 shipped! GM OEMs, not reproductions. Lenses need a little polishing up cause they have some abrasions but no deep scratches or cracks. I can't complain. Time to oder up my resistors and I submitted a support tickets to AutoLoc and Signal Dynamics to see if they help me get a CANBUS compatible tail light splitter. I want to see if I can get the blinkers to work without dragging wires from the front blinkers of the truck to the rear. It will be a more costly setup but it will be self contained and a "cleaner" install. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you tap into the signal wires from the 7-pin trailer wiring?

That's how I hooked up my aux reverse lights.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I have my esky lights. Based on what your diagram shows you are stating what my rudimentary pics show. I'm just clarifying because I work with visuals better than text. And while your explanation is good, a picture to me is better.

wiring1.jpg

With this diagram the lightsabers act as both the blinker and the brake light. Correct?

So my next question is, if I use a trailer harness to separate the brake and blinker flow, I would need to do that on the red wire inbound from the esky taillight harness since that is carrying the juice from the brake and blinker on the hoe/burb setup? (see next pic)

wiring2.jpg

I just want to make sure I am doing this right. I may need to tie in additional resistors so I am not sure if I should tie them into the same thick black wire your original configuration is in or the thin black wire that isn't used in your original install. I am OK giving up the yellow LEDs for blinkers if this doesn't work out but I am leaning on the forums for a little guidance since I am no expert when it comes to auto electrical. Hoping for a response soon.

SARNCAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OurFirstSuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did this mod a few days ago. I purchased it from Amazon and everything was plug and play on our 2018 Chevy Surburban. It now fits perfectly without the overhang (maybe I got the updated version). It is also very bright even during the day and the reverse light is also very bright. I'm glad I did the mod. Will take a few pics for you guys.

Last edited:

FMR5000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did this mod a few days ago. I purchased it from Amazon and everything was plug and play on our 2018 Chevy Surburban. It now fits perfectly without the overhang (maybe I got na updated version). It is also very bright even during the day and the reverse light is also very bright. I'm glad I did the mod. Will take a few pics for you guys.
Link to Amazon? Looking forward to the pictures.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues