Escalade Taillights installed on 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those look nice on site.

there is no overhang b/c htey are aftermarket. OEM caddy ones still have overhang on them, plus yellow/amber turn signal (which requires extra wiring to be done)

since htey are aftermarket, keep an eye on moisture. easy enough to seal up if you do find it & let it dry out.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this mod a few days ago. I purchased it from Amazon and everything was plug and play on our 2018 Chevy Surburban. It now fits perfectly without the overhang (maybe I got the updated version). It is also very bright even during the day and the reverse light is also very bright. I'm glad I did the mod. Will take a few pics for you guys.

I just did this mod as well and it was as you said totally plug and play, I am curious however where did you mount the 2 Gold Colored resistors? There does not seem to be too much room behind the fixture and these are supposed to get very hot. I was very leery of letting them get too close to the plastic.

OurFirstSuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just did this mod as well and it was as you said totally plug and play, I am curious however where did you mount the 2 Gold Colored resistors? There does not seem to be too much room behind the fixture and these are supposed to get very hot. I was very leery of letting them get too close to the plastic.

I ran them under the bumper, it was just long enough so that I can ziptie it under. I can try try to take a photo for you later tonight.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice write up, but after 12 Escalade's the reason I didn't get lucky number 13 was I hated the rear tail lights, so I switched to a Callaway Tahoe, and I love it, interior not as nice, but 19k less than a platinum Escalade, a bargain :)

William do

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to explain this along with everything else I've been through dealing with these different taillights. There's not much info any where on these lights or the vlands other than people complaining about them just a lot of useless info. So I will share what I've done. First I started by buying a set of the vland lights off ebay around Christmas however due to me being lazy and it being cold I didn't try to install them until around may at which time I found out for some odd reason the pass side did not fit. I thought maybe I received a bad light with a bad mold which I contacted the seller and he sent me another light for the pass side and it didn't fit as well which really pissed me off because of all the down time and shipping costs. So I decided to get a set of the OEM escalade lights and see how they fit. They fit perfect out of the boxes. So with that being said the vland lights not only having led issues they have fitment issues on the pass side. So then I got the wiring diagrams for our vehicles there's 4 different wiring diagrams all based on vin number. But pretty much there's the Escalade, Yukon, Tahoe/Suburban, and I assume the police version but I'm not 100 percent sure each being different. On a Escalade and Yukon there's 2 wires for the brake light and turn signal's. On the Tahoe/ Suburban there's only one wire that controls the turn signal and brake lights. That's were all the problems are coming from with the lights. On the vland lights they work on the Yukon's because there's two wire's one for the turn signal and one for the brake light also on there lights the brake lights are red and the turn signals there yellow. Now on the Tahoe version they have had issues due to the one wire so what they have done is take the yellow led turn signal and change it to red and wire it together with the brake light so anytime you hit the turn signal both the long and short led bar will light up. That's there fix to the issue. Now I got the escalade lights and figured all the wiring and got them to work flawless. I will show what I did to get everything to work on my Tahoe right or wrong this is what I did and I have zero issues or error messages.

View attachment 171924

View attachment 171925

This is the back of the escalade tail lights along with the wiring harness that you will have to modify to get everything to work correctly. Also on the escalade tail light there's a black filler panel on the bottom of the tail light that will need to be removed it just unclips and set it to the side.

View attachment 171926

View attachment 171927

View attachment 171928

View attachment 171929

View attachment 171930

Now if you look at the pics above this is what your going to do on the harness on the escalade tail light is cut the yellow wire in half and the red wire in half. I'm not going to explain what each wire is for because it will get people confused and its not necessary information. The yellow wire coming from the plug side your going to just cap it off its not used. Then your going to take the red wire that is coming from the plug and solder to the yellow wire going to the escalade tail light side. Along with the two resistors 6 ohm 50 watt (Link Below) these are what keeps it from hyper flashing and sending error messages to ur dash. Just take the two wires on one side of each resistor and solder them all together and shrink and tape. Then the other two wires coming from each resistor go to ground which if you look at the harness there's two black wire's on pins one and six ones a smaller gauge wire that's your reverse lights. The larger being ground solder both these wires on the ground wire the thick black wire. Now tape everything up and make it look factory.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251466766051?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

View attachment 171931

The above pic is what it should look like when done this is also where you have a decision to make as in the pic you see a red wire coming off the escalade tail light. This is the turn signal. The easy way is to just cap this off so when you hit the turn signal only the long red led bar will light up this will work the same as in our original tail lights. Which is perfectly O.K to do. However I'm very OCD and have to always go the extra step. There's a way to get the turn signals the smaller yellow led's to work but its a little time consuming or you can just cap and install and be done.
nice bro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt