Escalade EV announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also wish EVs weren't so politicized. I'm far from a tree hugger and I think they are awesome. At this point, they aren't for everyone but in 10 years, I believe they will be. Just look at how far we've came in the past 10. Teslas are awesome and will probably be our next vehicle. My issue with them is, they have nothing that can replace my yukon. I like the X but not enough to buy one. I can't make myself like the looks. Quickness on EVs is insane. For me, the connivence and lack of maintenance is the determining factor in my want for one. Not saving the world or going green.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, in general, scientists have long argued that oil is a renewable resource that has nothing to do with organic matter. And here there is not even a close theory and a flat earth.
About the fact that an electric car is always charging ... how much can it charge overnight at home? 5-7-10kw per hour? and the consumption of an Escalade format car will most likely be 35-40 kW per 100 km ... it turns out that it will charge from 100 to 200 km overnight. and it's summer. and in winter it's -50% cool, charge the car all night and charge for 50 km)))
And about autotravel far, I generally keep quiet. 2 hours to go, 1 hour to drink coffee while charging. Why such a journey? while my Yukon gives a range of more than 1000 km.
Um no. No it's not. https://www.energy.gov/fossil#:~:text=Fossil energy sources, including oil,buried by layers of rock.

No one is here to convince you. If it doesn't work for you that's cool. No need to make things up.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that we do not invent, but we look realistically at things. History is full of cases where marketing and greed go against logic and common sense. The wholesale planting of diesel in Europe, now, oh my God, diesel has turned out to be harmful after the diesel car fleet has become more than 80%, now let's have electric cars in every home. and we will ban Diesel, declare it harmful, and stop letting it into the cities .... this is just LOL
Right. No need to learn and protect the earth. We should just abolish the EPA.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every time a new EV is announced the thread devolves into a generalized discussion on the science and politics of EVs in general and inevitably staff has to close it.

This is a thread specific to the Escalade EV … please stay on topic.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um no. No it's not. https://www.energy.gov/fossil#:~:text=Fossil energy sources, including oil,buried by layers of rock.

No one is here to convince you. If it doesn't work for you that's cool. No need to make things up.
Hmm...that's very funny. When I search for "oil is a renewable resource" in English, Google returns nothing. When I ask the same request in Russian, a lot of information appears. Even our schools are changing the curriculum, telling us that oil and gas are a renewable resource. It`s realy interesting))))))

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm...that's very funny. When I search for "oil is a renewable resource" in English, Google returns nothing. When I ask the same request in Russian, a lot of information appears. Even our schools are changing the curriculum, telling us that oil and gas are a renewable resource. It`s realy interesting))))))
Lol there you go. Answered it yourself.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be a good vehicle for the folks that use their Escalade as a high end gricery getter, only haul people, and do mostly in town driving. Probably a good chunk of Esky drivers.

I have my Yukon to do truck like stuff: tow my boat, move people, move cargo (kids back and forth to college, etc). Its range would be a limiter to me…but I do hope somewhere along the road they solve the range while towing issue.

I kind of like the idea of a Diesel Hybrid version.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ This is why I wish they would have done an Escalade PHEV with say as 60 mile electric range as opposed to full EV. I would have used it 95% of the time in electric mode and had the freedom to use it as a regular vehicle for long trips and not be beholden to an outlet.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ This is why I wish they would have done an Escalade PHEV with say as 60 mile electric range as opposed to full EV. I would have used it 95% of the time in electric mode and had the freedom to use it as a regular vehicle for long trips and not be beholden to an outlet.
I think in the future we will see more hybrids and phev vehicles.

I think ev is cool and all but i don't see a future of 100% electric vehicles. It will be a combination of alternative fuel vehicles (hybrid,phev,ev, and hydrogen where applicable)

There's a reason toyota hasn't jumped 100% into ev. They are probably the most calculated car manufacture in existence.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think in the future we will see more hybrids and phev vehicles.

I think ev is cool and all but i don't see a future of 100% electric vehicles. It will be a combination of alternative fuel vehicles (hybrid,phev,ev, and hydrogen where applicable)

There's a reason toyota hasn't jumped 100% into ev. They are probably the most calculated car manufacture in existence.
Honda not very EV either....although they have a goal to be 100% "electrified;" they seem to be going Hybrid, mostly, to accomplish this (full disclosure, our other family vehicle is a CR-V Hybrid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy