Escalade EV announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Total bummer.....but Cadillac thinks it can rebrand itself every few years to try and stay current. All while making some SUPER COOL vehicles, then hiring dingbats to run the marketing, then canceling said cool vehicles because they "didn't sell."

Overpriced and under delivered in my book. Wouldn't hold my breath, or waste my money. Sorry to rain on your parade.....nothing personal against you.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called the Escalade IQ. Apparently going out next year!

I guess we'll see Yukon/Tahoe variants a few years after?
Well, if you're in the market for a luxury vehicle that can travel 90 miles a day and take all night to re-charge I guess this would work for you.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you're in the market for a luxury vehicle that can travel 90 miles a day and take all night to re-charge I guess this would work for you.
The $30,000 equinox ev has a 300 mile range and charges 70 miles in 10 minutes. You think a $100,000+ flagship is gonna have 90 miles of range and take over 24hrs to charge ?

Lol.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called the Escalade IQ. Apparently going out next year!

I guess we'll see Yukon/Tahoe variants a few years after?
Makes sense. The new Silverado ev has 400 miles of range and can get 100 miles in 10minutes of charging. This will be similar specs to yukon,tahoe,escalade with varying levels of power etc. .

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to jump on the Silverado EV band wagon personally.. But at over 100k to get a well optioned... The price I cant afford.

If they want the common man/woman/whatever to get on board with EV, they have to make it priced for the common people. Right now, they arent, unless you want to be so far in debt that you cant afford to jerk off.

The Rivian I have ordered, ordered January 2022, to be delivered April-June 2024, doesnt even make sense for me. But my body has reached a point that turning wrenchs is to painful. I am left with no other options.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think a $100,000+ flagship is gonna have 90 miles of range and take over 24hrs to charge ?

Yes! Seen it with the new Ferds. Those little cars do that on paper in perfect conditions. Try that on Friday night on Christmas Eve in New York City.

What kind of charger does one need to jam 70 miles of juice into the battery in 10 minutes? How much does a home installation cost?

In order for the battery to last, at what percentage do they normally charge them to? It's not 100%. Not even for the battery in your truck. What is it?

Can you take this $100K+ flagship truck to visit your sick father who went into the hospital at midnight? Can you hop in it on Christmas morning, 20 degrees outside after delivering toys for tots all day and make it to Harrisburg by dawn? What if his dad lived in Pittsburgh or Buffalo?

No, every trip has to be carefully planned with knowledge like a fighter pilot of where the "fuel" is.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to jump on the Silverado EV band wagon personally.. But at over 100k to get a well optioned... The price I cant afford.

If they want the common man/woman/whatever to get on board with EV, they have to make it priced for the common people. Right now, they arent, unless you want to be so far in debt that you cant afford to jerk off.

The Rivian I have ordered, ordered January 2022, to be delivered April-June 2024, doesnt even make sense for me. But my body has reached a point that turning wrenchs is to painful. I am left with no other options.
Fully loaded Silverado ev is about 100k which is in line with gas suvs and trucks whether they are ev or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518