Escalade EV announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
I have an f150 Lightning. It’s my 3rd f150 and my fav. I recently had the hybrid and that was nice as well, but complex and had issues. The forums are littered with problems on them. The EV is relative simple and has so far been my most reliable new car I’ve owned in the last few years.

Over 7,000 miles of zero issue driving. Charging costs per month around 40-50$ for a little over 1,000 miles driving average. The power is addictive. Granted I don’t need to tow often. I’ve towed our lake boat with zero issues, but our lake is within an hour drive.

I hate that EVs have become so politicized. I bought it because I like tech and the ev acceleration is fun. I’m not attempting to save the planet. So far my running costs including purchase price (tax incentives helped) are much better compared to the ICE f150s I owned last year. It’s interesting that so many folks get triggered by EVs. Most that had these opinions definitely felt different after driving my truck for a test.

The biggest issue is charge networks or lack of a true Tesla SC alternative that is reliable and abundant. I charge from home and drive this vehicle nearly all around town. EVs are a great to own around town if you can charge from home and don’t necessarily need a car with gas capabilities ( heavy towing, long distance driving).

We have an order for a 3.0 Denali that will be the family hauler road trip vehicle. Excited to see how we like it.

I wish the Escalade EV well, but realize it will be priced ridiculously. I would prefer to get a Rivian if I was going the EV SUV route.

Great to have so many car options for purchase currently.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure a gas vehicle doesn’t lose more than half its range in the winter. Nice try though.
50%? More like 25% to 30% at 70mph. Some as little as 3%. This info is available.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an f150 Lightning. It’s my 3rd f150 and my fav. I recently had the hybrid and that was nice as well, but complex and had issues. The forums are littered with problems on them. The EV is relative simple and has so far been my most reliable new car I’ve owned in the last few years.

Over 7,000 miles of zero issue driving. Charging costs per month around 40-50$ for a little over 1,000 miles driving average. The power is addictive. Granted I don’t need to tow often. I’ve towed our lake boat with zero issues, but our lake is within an hour drive.

I hate that EVs have become so politicized. I bought it because I like tech and the ev acceleration is fun. I’m not attempting to save the planet. So far my running costs including purchase price (tax incentives helped) are much better compared to the ICE f150s I owned last year. It’s interesting that so many folks get triggered by EVs. Most that had opinion’s definitely felt different after driving my truck for a test.

The biggest issue is charge networks or Lack of a true Tesla SC alternwtive that is reliable and abundant. I charge from home and drive this vehicle nearly all around town. EVs are a great to own around town if you can charge from home and don’t necessarily need a car with gas capabilities ( heavy towing, long distance driving).

We have an order for a 3.0 Denali that will be the family hauler road trip vehicle. Excited to see how we like it.

I wish the Escalade EV well, but realize it will be priced ridiculously. I would prefer to get a Rivian if I was going the EV SUV route.

Great to have so many car options for purchase currently.
Exactly. It has to work for the person no doubt. And we are getting there everyday.

I have a diesel yukon for the range. Owned toyota hybrids and Teslas and a mach e gt. They are fun but like everything they have weaknesses and strength.

I hate that people who do bash evs don't use facts but sensationalism. Plenty of real things to complain about. No need to make things up.

I hope they make a maverick ev. Would be a sweet little DIY truck.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
50%? More like 25% to 30% at 70mph. Some as little as 3%. This info is available.

My Tesla and coworkers Tesla was more like 50% or more at times in the winter. A friends lighting was laughable. Not even close. Consumer reports is laughable. Real world experience here. Loved my Tesla. I will own another at some point when they figure out the battery issues. EVs are not ready yet.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
My Tesla and coworkers Tesla was more like 50% or more at times in the winter. A friends lighting was laughable. Not even close. Consumer reports is laughable. Real world experience here. Loved my Tesla. I will own another at some point when they figure out the battery issues. EVs are not ready yet.

At most my Lightning experienced around a 25% hit with cold temps. Preconditioning the truck for departure mitigated a lot of that.

EVs aren’t for everyone, but they are pretty damn good.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At most my Lightning experienced around a 25% hit with cold temps. Preconditioning the truck for departure mitigated a lot of that.

EVs aren’t for everyone, but they are pretty damn good.
You must not live where it gets really cold. My Model S was really fun and fast. I loved it, and yes I agree with you, they’re not for everyone but for sure they won’t be ready for prime time for a long while. They are a toy as of now. That’s it.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
You must not live where it gets really cold. My Model S was really fun and fast. I loved it, and yes I agree with you, they’re not for everyone but for sure they won’t be ready for prime time for a long while. They are a toy as of now. That’s it.

North AL. We get into the teens occasionally most of winter in the 30s etc. I dunno , this toy does all I need it to do that I required of my other trucks. I don’t plan on going all EV, but it’s a great setup having one in the household.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
North AL. We get into the teens occasionally most of winter in the 30s etc. I dunno , this toy does all I need it to do that I required of my other trucks. I don’t plan on going all EV, but it’s a great setup having one in the household.
Yes, they are fun , fast and can be extremely helpful. I am in no way anti EV. I agree they can be useful in the future. They are just fun toys as of now. And yes Alabama is not cold. I can see why it works ok for you. Not so much down here. That’s why my friends Lighting barely gets over 125 miles in the deep cold parts of winter here. He loves it in the warmer months.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The efficiency of modern internal combustion engines is more than 40%, modern diesel 50-60%. The efficiency of a nuclear power plant is 30-35%, coal-fired 20-25..all over the world, 60% of electricity is produced by burning coal. They are trying to transplant us to less efficient technologies

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't suffer range loss like that. Non of our evs have. Maybe like 20% at most when it was -15 and the heater was blasting. Our tesla had tons of other quality problems but the battery worked properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak