Escalade EV announced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! Seen it with the new Ferds. Those little cars do that on paper in perfect conditions. Try that on Friday night on Christmas Eve in New York City.

What kind of charger does one need to jam 70 miles of juice into the battery in 10 minutes? How much does a home installation cost?

In order for the battery to last, at what percentage do they normally charge them to? It's not 100%. Not even for the battery in your truck. What is it?
The only time you lose tons of range is when your towing.

Home installation isn't that bad for a charger. Especially when your getting 7500 back it takes that burden out of it. It's like having a fuel station at your house.

You are not doing anything. The batteries and vehicle software take care of longevity. The range you get is the range you get. There is a reserve capacity that is not counted in the range and is the safety and longevity buffer.

Equinox ev and Silverado has a 8 year 100k battery warranty.

Ev longevity has come a long way. The bz4x which is not really a class leading product has bench marked 90% battery capacity after 10 years. https://insideevs.com/news/531990/toyota-bz4x-battery-capacity-durability/

Im more of a hybrid fan myself. Would love a diesel hybrid. But ev tech is finally at a point where it makes sense.

OP
OP
S

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Overpriced and under delivered in my book. Wouldn't hold my breath, or waste my money. Sorry to rain on your parade.....nothing personal against you.

Hey, no skin off my nose - just being the messenger. Been trying to get my hands on a dmax Yukon and will wait for the refresh. If we buy an ev (wife) it’s gonna be a leaf/bolt type.

I wonder if these e-yuk/how/eskys will sell? Maybe as really expensive, high-end kid haulers only? Some guy on YT got a Ford Lightning and hauled an empty 1,000 lb trailer and the range went to 90 miles on a full charge… imagine trying to tow a boat. “Hey kids! We’re going to the lake that’s only 35 miles away! We’ll have to stop twice to charge up on the way, tho, so bring your iPads. “

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only time you lose tons of range is when your towing.

Home installation isn't that bad for a charger. Especially when your getting 7500 back it takes that burden out of it. It's like having a fuel station at your house.

You are not doing anything. The batteries and vehicle software take care of longevity. The range you get is the range you get. There is a reserve capacity that is not counted in the range and is the safety and longevity buffer.

Equinox ev and Silverado has a 8 year 100k battery warranty.

Ev longevity has come a long way. The bz4x which is not really a class leading product has bench marked 90% battery capacity after 10 years. https://insideevs.com/news/531990/toyota-bz4x-battery-capacity-durability/

Im more of a hybrid fan myself. Would love a diesel hybrid. But ev tech is finally at a point where it makes sense.
Or when it's really cold outside. Then the chargers don't work and the batteries won't take a charge.

Home installation, I've seen it advertised for $45K. I'd consider myself moronic to spend $150K on an electric vehicle that is less capable than the one I'm replacing AND another $50K on a home charging station so my wife doesn't have to wait 18 hours to charge the battery up to drive 4 hours down the highway to the hotel.

In the advertisings, they do indeed take all of the battery capacity into consideration when advertising the range. Since they only charge to about 80% day to day you can chop 20% off the best estimates for starters.

My SIL had a Prius, when it needed a new battery she dumped it for a regular car again. Wasn't going to spend $7K on a new battery. Think they are less now. Those were NYC prices.

I'd like to see a diesel electric setup with traction motors at each wheel. This would eliminate the brakes and axles. Probably be too slow for most people's tastes.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, no skin off my nose - just being the messenger. Been trying to get my hands on a dmax Yukon and will wait for the refresh. If we buy an ev (wife) it’s gonna be a leaf/bolt type.

I wonder if these e-yuk/how/eskys will sell? Maybe as really expensive, high-end kid haulers only? Some guy on YT got a Ford Lightning and hauled an empty 1,000 lb trailer and the range went to 90 miles on a full charge… imagine trying to tow a boat. “Hey kids! We’re going to the lake that’s only 35 miles away! We’ll have to stop twice to charge up on the way, tho, so bring your iPads. “
TFL Truck took their Lightning to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska at 35 mph to stretch the battery life. Their towing experience was just as miserable.

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
Wait till these EV'***** the used car lots nobody will want them, a 5-7 year old or more vehicle will need the battery replaced when the vehicle is 10 years old or so at a cost of $10,000 to $20,000 depending on the vehicle so the cost of battery replacement will be at more then the value of the vehicle. THEY CAN KEEP THAT JUNK. Yeah there not paying for fuel cost but there home electric bill went up about 200 bucks a month.

Yeah there going green they think but HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY THINK ELECTRIC IS MADE...........through fossil fuels, if they hate fossil fuels then they need to get rid of all their cell phones made with plastic, tires on there green car everything in there house etc the list can go on. They can get rid of there cars and start walking but don't wear shoes CAUSE THERE MADE OUT OF FOSSIL FUELS.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally. I really want an ev but I'm not ready to upgrade yet. Maybe someday.

As for home charging, it's a 220v plug IIRC. Not hard to wire up. The appeal for me is not stopping for gas and not having to do oil changes. Oh, and they're fast. Battery technology is improving at a rapid rate, along with charging. Tesla has really paved the way for all of these other brands.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After owning a Tesla for quite a while, there isn’t another EV that’s worth a shit. Especially a GM product. They should stick with gas motors. That 100 mile range is going to be hilarious. As soon as it gets cold you’ll be screwed. Even my Tesla that I no longer own, would drop well over 150 miles less in sub 20-30 degree weather. Can’t imagine a huge Escalade that GM built.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or when it's really cold outside. Then the chargers don't work and the batteries won't take a charge.

Home installation, I've seen it advertised for $45K. I'd consider myself moronic to spend $150K on an electric vehicle that is less capable than the one I'm replacing AND another $50K on a home charging station so my wife doesn't have to wait 18 hours to charge the battery up to drive 4 hours down the highway to the hotel.

In the advertisings, they do indeed take all of the battery capacity into consideration when advertising the range. Since they only charge to about 80% day to day you can chop 20% off the best estimates for starters.

My SIL had a Prius, when it needed a new battery she dumped it for a regular car again. Wasn't going to spend $7K on a new battery. Think they are less now. Those were NYC prices.

I'd like to see a diesel electric setup with traction motors at each wheel. This would eliminate the brakes and axles. Probably be too slow for most people's tastes.
No offense man but your reading sensationalist headlines.

Ev install prices. Level 3 would be awesome. But even level 2 for the house is ok fine and reasonable. https://blog.carvana.com/2021/07/how-much-does-it-cost-to-install-an-ev-charger/

I've had toyota hybrids for decades and ive never had to replace a battery. And the beauty of it is hybrids don't have lots of consumables normal ice engines have like serp belts or brakes that need to be changed every 30 to 40k miles.

You do lose capacity during winter. Just like gas does too.

If electricity goes down due to weather events do gas stations still work? Answer is no.

Sall good tho.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait till these EV'***** the used car lots nobody will want them, a 5-7 year old or more vehicle will need the battery replaced when the vehicle is 10 years old or so at a cost of $10,000 to $20,000 depending on the vehicle so the cost of battery replacement will be at more then the value of the vehicle. THEY CAN KEEP THAT JUNK. Yeah there not paying for fuel cost but there home electric bill went up about 200 bucks a month.

Yeah there going green they think but HOW IN THE HELL DO THEY THINK ELECTRIC IS MADE...........through fossil fuels, if they hate fossil fuels then they need to get rid of all their cell phones made with plastic, tires on there green car everything in there house etc the list can go on. They can get rid of there cars and start walking but don't wear shoes CAUSE THERE MADE OUT OF FOSSIL FUELS.
Again this is blatant misinformation. How many prius do the battery get replaced on? Not many. They go over 200k miles routinely on original batteries.

And the demand for used evs? Tesla doesn't seem to have that problem. People buy them up.

Evs need battery longevity. It's baked into the product. bz4x which is far from class leading targets 90% capacity at 10 years. https://insideevs.com/news/531990/toyota-bz4x-battery-capacity-durability/amp/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu